Twisted Ring possible bug? 06/30/2014 01:05 PM CDT
Are we supposed to get repeated messages while wearing it?

This happened to me last night and I had a heck of time figuring out what was going on and assisted. The GM on duty was stumped as well.

This morning I got one message about the twisted ring. I forgot to copy that particular message but since then I've taken it off and the messaging has stopped.

Here are the messages minus a few of them.

A vast view from a high cliff overlooking a small community built upon a beach flows up before you. A dark-skinned Human woman stands at the top as a bald, amber-eyed Gnome approaches.

Are we going to tell the Estate Holders? It might come as a shock for them to suddenly hear its thoughts."

"Again, not my concern. If the Council wishes to explain it, they can do so. It poses no threat, merely to observe and report. Unless that changes, our role was to construct and activate it. We have done so.

The Witch flashes a mischievous grin. "So grumpy! It is an interesting experiment. I wonder what sort of future projects it could lead to."

Some of these repeated several times while wearing it.

Thanks,
Basthet

Re: Twisted Ring possible bug? 06/30/2014 02:23 PM CDT
that's what it does, it kinda tells part of an event every minute or so, and then repeats

it's like a tape recorder-

The Witch and Darsam?
should we tell the people what it does?
nah, just drop it off, we already did our job
won't they be shocked when they hear random voices?
don't care!
if the estate council wants to add a note, but she then goes to say what it does
observes and reports, it could do more potentially, but they were just told to make and turn them on
future projects with better materials and enchantments could work better
replay

Re: Twisted Ring possible bug? 06/30/2014 02:43 PM CDT
>>Are we supposed to get repeated messages while wearing it?

Yes, it's enchanted to do just that. If you FOCUS on the ring, you'll see there's some holy magic going on with it.

>>it's like a tape recorder-

Pretty much this. The GMs released another ring like it last year as a raffle prize, which gave insight into the riot quest.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Wide_onyx_ring_clutching_a_polished_stone

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Twisted Ring possible bug? 06/30/2014 04:27 PM CDT
Ahh o.k. Thanks for the info.

Basthet