TAP to hide 09/12/2013 01:02 AM CDT
Hi. I recently bought a general storage hutch from the Simucoin store. When I study it, it tells me this:

>study hutch
Turning to your trusted Council-provided documentation, you believe there are a number of options available to you for manipulating the hutch.
Functional Verbs:
TAP....Hides / unhides the hutch.
COUNT..Quick reference to how many items are stored and how.

COUNT works fine. However, when I TAP it, nothing happens. I had someone else with me (not a guest), and he could still see it as well.

Is there a different verb for this or is it just bugged?

Thanks.
Re: TAP to hide 09/12/2013 01:44 PM CDT
I think it's TURN that hides things. Should be listed under the HOME HELP somewhere.
Re: TAP to hide 09/12/2013 02:44 PM CDT
Heyas.

Not all furniture can be hidden. It looks like the hutch is set to one of the types that can't be.

Most furniture shares the same mechanics, and the STUDY is similar between them. There's not an easy way in all cases to differentiate which verbs are allowed and not, so they share a general STUDY with a note that not all are available in all situations.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: TAP to hide 09/15/2013 01:01 PM CDT
>>Not all furniture can be hidden. It looks like the hutch is set to one of the types that can't be.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me on this. It's good to know what's going on and that everything is working as intended.

I'd like to make some suggestions that are in no way urgent. This issue just brought them to mind.

I'd like to suggest allowing hiding on the simucoin items if possible, in the future. I bought this item so I could have a mini-vault to throw some junk in. If it's not hidden, anyone who visits can peruse whatever's in it, which for some might be a slight down side.

It would be nice to have the option to hide it. Alternatively, some way to prevent guests from looking inside your furniture might be nice (open/close?). Ideally while keeping it transparent to you, the owner.

Oh and related, the things on the wall reverse themselves at login, which means whatever shows up as "hanging" on the wall gets switched around. I know this is a longstanding game issue and I don't expect it fixed, but maybe there could be some kind of quick SORT command? In the mean time I will just buy two of my hanging item, one for each end of the list.
Re: TAP to hide 09/17/2013 12:02 AM CDT
>I'd like to suggest allowing hiding on the simucoin items if possible, in the future.

There's not an easy way to specifically distinguish Simucoin items from other types of furniture. However, I did go ahead and tweak (most -- perhaps not all if they use customized mechanics) the general storage trunks, weapon racks and armor stands to allow those to be hidden/unhidden by the home owner.

>some way to prevent guests from looking inside your furniture might be nice (open/close?)

This is something we may be able to consider in the future. It's a little more involved to change.

>but maybe there could be some kind of quick SORT command?

Check out the new ARRANGE option? SORT isn't compatible, I'm afraid. The STUDY messaging has been updated. Arrange will only reverse the order -- there's no way to do an individual item up/down or by worn location like with the SORT verb.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: TAP to hide 09/17/2013 03:48 PM CDT
>>However, I did go ahead and tweak (most -- perhaps not all if they use customized mechanics) the general storage trunks, weapon racks and armor stands to allow those to be hidden/unhidden by the home owner.

Wow, thanks! This is amazing. Just what I wanted.

>>Check out the new ARRANGE option?

This is great and works perfectly. I see you added it to the STUDY too -- thanks!
Re: TAP to hide 09/17/2013 04:59 PM CDT
Oh, one more related thing that occurred to me.

I was wondering why armor stands only accept armor? I just got an armor stand (which has the tap of "a sturdy dragonwood stand") in the hopes of displaying some instruments on it. It seemed like a nice workaround -- but I didn't realize they only accept armor.

Anyway, not a big deal. I just thought I'd mention since it would be nice to have ways to display things other than armor/weapons.
Re: TAP to hide 09/17/2013 08:00 PM CDT
That's what the general storage slot is for. Armor stands only hold armor, weapon racks only hold weapons, but the general storage slot can hold any items. You can have one of each in your home. Check out HOME CATALOG in game, chapters 15-18 in each province. Those cover the different storage items by type (weapon, armor, general) that are available via in-game shops.

For the Simucoins store, it looks like the hutch fills the general storage slot.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: TAP to hide 09/17/2013 08:11 PM CDT
Everything but those and fire wood bins too, I think.

Re: TAP to hide 09/18/2013 08:56 PM CDT
>>That's what the general storage slot is for.

Yep, I know. I was just trying to communicate that now, with the simucoin things providing a sort of vault-like space, it would be nice to use the other things (like stands) for general display. That way I'm not using my 70-item hutch to show off just 4 instruments.

However, not a very big deal. I'm sure I can work something out.

Thanks again.
Re: TAP to hide 09/18/2013 10:30 PM CDT
yeah my 50 item bar... had like 2 drinks on it for the longest time