Joining mam 02/04/2013 08:52 PM CST
Was wondering why not able to join with a familiar summoned but not following you. My raven was asleep in the croc swamp where I leave it for people to get out and other RP thing. Not even with me and wouldn't let me join it. Possible bug? or intentional?

The Merelew driver says, "I'm leaving shortly, returning to Acenemacra, near Leth Deriel. If you would like to accompany me for a safe trip there, just join me." The Merelew driver smiles.
[JOIN TALL MAMMOTH before it leaves if you would like to go to Acenemacra, near Leth Deriel.]

> join tall mam
You start towards a tall sea mammoth, but realize it isn't properly equipped for transporting a thick-billed raven with bright red eyes. You sense wards in place preventing it from following.
> release all
You aren't harnessing any mana.
You aren't preparing a spell.
You have no cyclic spell active to release.
> get rav tal

You get a raven talisman from inside your linen cloak.
> tell fam to leave

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . .
> p tal in cloak

You put your talisman in your linen cloak.
>
Your body is still soaked.
>
You feel a sensation of loss and realize your familiar has wandered off.
> join tall mam
You join the Merelew driver. "Right this way, sir."

[18:01] Chatter[Seyalle] ok folks have a safe weekend. Friends do not let friend DR and drink.
Re: Joining mam 02/05/2013 10:22 PM CST
This is intended. There are some issues with traveling with companions/familiars/etc that we wanted to avoid. May be able to work towards relaxing it some day, but for now it's the safest way to handle them.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate