ALAE Implementation 03/30/2015 04:23 PM CDT

Heya. Just a quick question from those currently in ALAE... how often are your projects actually implemented in game? How long is the QR process typically?
Re: ALAE Implementation 03/31/2015 09:31 AM CDT
>>Heya. Just a quick question from those currently in ALAE... how often are your projects actually implemented in game?

The gross majority of my projects involved a GM going to me and asking me to make something. That said, I did have one project (my ALAE application, actually), involve me going to a GM and saying "This area needs this mob in it, here are a few rooms for them to live that fit in the setting." I actually didn't even realize the GM decided to take that idea and put it into the game until the event where it was released, hah.

>>How long is the QR process typically?

That's much harder to pin down. It depends on a lot of stuff. ALAE members do have their own QC checklist tools to make sure the process should begin to start with, but those are more along the lines of "did you miss filling out any form fields," "did you use any words you shouldn't use," and "did you have two spaces after every period," not "is this area good."

Post your own QC check, it'll probably go to the GM who requested it. This means if that GM is super swamped, it might take awhile for them to really check out the area. They also might not be the one to QC/implement it, just the person who made the request. So along with making sure you can get in touch with the GM managing the project, the QC on Simu's side might take longer because of other/different/bigger/etc projects. And then after the QC process a GM still needs to be able to flow in the area and do whatever other GM things need to be done to it.

I imagine that the QC/implementation process/timing for areas built in ALAE isn't that different from the QC GMs deal with for their own projects.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: ALAE Implementation 03/31/2015 07:46 PM CDT

Thanks so much for the reply- very informative!
Re: ALAE Implementation 03/31/2015 08:30 PM CDT
I need to add further details to the ALAE process, but there's some initial tool explanation here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/ALAE

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: ALAE Implementation 04/06/2015 10:51 PM CDT
I do have a project waiting for a GM to look it over. Unfortunately, Real Life reared its head for the GM I designed it for about the time I got it finished. Needless to say, that can't be taken as a typical example.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy