What If 11/25/2002 02:30 PM CST
Alright. I'd like to be a highwayman from time to time. So, if I want to hold up an itinerate trader, I need to hide, stalk, advance to melee, and when they discover me, exclaim that if they don't drop all their money in a number of seconds, I'll kill them outright. Now, I couldn't very well ask them politely if they wanted to participate in this robbery, OOC, because it would absolutely destroy all surprise and the whole RP scenario. So, I would imagine if they didn't want to participate in it, they could simply say, "I do not wish to participate in this RP scenario. Please leave me alone." I would then either A: leave them alone, or B:Shoot them and be deserving of a warning.

Am I right? If not, where am I wrong?

The traveler.
Re: What If 11/25/2002 02:36 PM CST
<<Alright. I'd like to be a highwayman from time to time. So, if I want to hold up an itinerate trader, I need to hide, stalk, advance to melee, and when they discover me, exclaim that if they don't drop all their money in a number of seconds, I'll kill them outright. Now, I couldn't very well ask them politely if they wanted to participate in this robbery, OOC, because it would absolutely destroy all surprise and the whole RP scenario. So, I would imagine if they didn't want to participate in it, they could simply say, "I do not wish to participate in this RP scenario. Please leave me alone." I would then either A: leave them alone, or B:Shoot them and be deserving of a warning.

<<Am I right? If not, where am I wrong?--The traveler.>>

Well if in your whisper you told the trader that later he is free to hire mercenaries to kill you repeatedly until you return the coins and you won't report, I suppose that would be fine RPing.

Starkad
Re: What If 11/27/2002 12:20 AM CST
<<Well if in your whisper you told the trader that later he is free to hire mercenaries to kill you repeatedly until you return the coins and you won't report, I suppose that would be fine RPing.

Starkad >>

Great! I'm game!

The traveler.