Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 04:38 PM CDT
Same thing happens with Social Outrage setting you open.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 05:15 PM CDT
>Same thing happens with Social Outrage setting you open.

Just stay open and it won't be a problem anymore. :P

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 05:16 PM CDT
>One of the Bugs with stealing setting you to open is that you can get locked in for 24 hours not the 4 hours you should be.

Not a bug.

-Z
Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 11:19 PM CDT

>>One of the Bugs with stealing setting you to open is that you can get locked in for 24 hours not the 4 hours you should be.

>Not a bug.

>-Z

Explain?

Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 11:26 PM CDT
>>Explain?

IIRC, if you keep doing things that set you open, it's not a bug that you can't keep switching it off.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 11:42 PM CDT
Oh so, people aren't realization that the timer is renewed after each occurence of your 'crime'. (For both the DO or is it SO, and the more obvious entering the command steal [player]). Very good thanks.

Re: Being set to open 10/15/2010 11:45 PM CDT
It's not that the timer is renewed (even though it probably is), but that if you keep doing things that force you PvP Open, then you're probably not playing in a way that should let you go back to PvP Guarded/Closed in the fastest way possible more than once.

Re: Being set to open 10/16/2010 07:58 AM CDT
:::::Ruined Trader hunting as they script away for me. If I can just kill someone but not be open, then taking some coins/gems from them and being open doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's just my opinion, but the more major hurt of someones day should have probably been coded first.:::::

As someone that plays a trader, the above is just a statement that plays over and over in the forums for some reason. Not ALL traders AFK script the routes. It's one of the few ways that we can earn trading experience without being dependent on other players. Since gem pouch sales are rarer these days because players can fill them to 500 gems, we rely on trade routes to train the 'bread and butter' of our experience. And the routes are unlike hunting where players can 'lock' their combats in a short time. It takes HOURS for us to lock our trading experience this way. Yes, the GMs are looking into this, but until then, this is what we have. Now, when a thief steals from a trader, there is not much we can do unless we catch them. Yes, I work my perception heavily, so I get the 'trader sense' that my pockets are being foraged. And, on occasion, I catch the person. But, when I take the avenues that are available to me like accuse since you know I have a snowball's chance in a combat situation, and the thief immediately logs out, it's a pain. So I might be in the minority here, but I'm certainly glad this "OPEN" profile was put into place. Keep in mind, this would equate to another player, sitting in your hunting room, stealing from you over and over again baiting you, and you not being able to do a thing about it. So yay, for the OPEN profile push on stealing. To me, it's a good change!
Re: Being set to open 10/16/2010 09:36 AM CDT
You can accuse someone of stealing from you on the trade route, I believe to the local minister. But it has to be on the route.

Traders have been given recourse and tools to avoid being stolen from; I rarely have more than a few gold on mine unless he's doing commodities, in which case I set one of my higher perception characters to watching.
Re: Being set to open 10/16/2010 09:49 AM CDT
Yes, I deposit often, so yes there are a few tools. And yes, I can accuse IF the character is logged into the game. When I caught a thief, and he immediately logged out, the response I received after the accuse is "accuse who?". I don't have a higher level character on another account to 'watch'. It's more of a pain I understand for younger traders with lower perception, but again, I am a big fan of this change, and that will not change.
Re: Being set to open 10/16/2010 09:06 PM CDT
I don't really care much about stealing and PVP open stuff. If I cared about the money all that much, I'd play a hunting class that can make a ton more money with alot less effort.

I just want to chime in to this thread to reiterate how much of a pain in the ass it is to learn trading skill, and how boring it is to trade contracts. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass no matter what the pvp stealing policy is though

Apu
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page