Consent Question 06/26/2009 11:58 AM CDT
Ok, hypothetical, since I can't find it in the NEWS or in the Policy guidelines. Seems to me there used to be a posting about it, but I can't find it anywhere.

If I tell another player 'If you do <insert action here>, I'll kill you, and they do it a day or so later, knowing I saw them do it, does that give me consent (or, as referred to in Policy, 'implied consent')?

Specifically when the action, while not in any way harmful, directly effect either me, or my bonded spouse.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Consent Question 06/26/2009 12:02 PM CDT
Hrm, good question, i know that if you tell someone not to do something and they continue to do it you have consent. The day or so later might throw it into question a little bit. Is their PvP stance closed?

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Consent Question 06/26/2009 12:18 PM CDT
It depends on what the action is. Be more specific. Something real silly probably won't fly with the GMs, even if it does annoy you and your spouse.

Also for safety reasons, I'd warn them more than once.

Vinjince
Re: Consent Question 06/26/2009 12:19 PM CDT
It all about the something. you need to be a bit clearer.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 03:17 PM CDT
A day or two later doesn't flying in my experience as consent that way.

If you tell them "hey stop poking me, i've asked you a few times already, if you don't stop i'll kill you"

and they keep it up, they yeah i'd say you're clear.

but if you say the same and then they don't poke you for a day or two. then i'd say no.
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 03:23 PM CDT
Likewise, if you tell someone to stop poking you and they poke you again, you need to act on that more or less immediately. You don't get to wait a day or two then go after them.

Rev. Reene

Szrael says to you, "He's quite a friend. I've never seen anyone remove their pants with such alacrity."
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 03:40 PM CDT
Also, the verb should be directed at your character, poking you not poking the wood bin.

You get more leeway for actions done to your character than just general actions.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 07:00 PM CDT
Like I said. It was meant as a hypothetical, but in this case, try this.

A friend has a boyfriend/girlfriend. You inform said person that if they hurt your friend, you'll kill them. The next day, they're caught cheating.

Consent?

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 07:05 PM CDT
What?

There's no "consent" IRL.

wtbh are you talking about now?
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 07:09 PM CDT
>>wtbh are you talking about now?

In game relationships. I'd say no on that one. I think the policy is meant more like if someone is poking you then you tell them not to poke you again and they do then you have consent.

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 07:44 PM CDT
Definitely not consent, sorry.

Probably not even consent for the friend.

Rev. Reene

(1:37:09 PM) Telrenth: I haven't got the foggiest idea what the hell you're talking about. Which, now that I think back on things, is about normal for the first few minutes of a conversation with you.
Re: Consent Question 06/27/2009 09:18 PM CDT
If you are asking if you can act as a champion for someone that is being annoyed or harassed, the enemy has to show a Profile PvP stance set to Open or the person you are defending needs to be your spouse:

:oP Ragran
Retired Idon Raider
_______www.idonraiders.com
Re: Consent Question 06/28/2009 12:16 PM CDT
That was my thoughts as well, but the question was posed to me IG and I didn't have an answer.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone