A good time, what it means to you 10/21/2016 01:28 PM CDT
I was curious to get input from the community how they would prefer an RP interaction could be established in the following scenario.

Assume the character approaching or provoking your own is as or much more experienced with a questionable or negative reputation.

How would you personally like the instigator to invite role play/interaction with your player character and still reflect some method of showing their respect for your own enjoyment in the experience besides their own.

Meaning nothing need devolve into Pvp, or it leaps straight there!

Make the answer your own preference, about your own personal criteria for an ideal situation!

Thanks everyone!
Re: A good time, what it means to you 10/21/2016 04:01 PM CDT
So, there are a couple of ways this could be done with me. The main feature of both is letting me (the player) know that this is roleplay and I'm allowed out of it.

1) Make sure there's interaction first, and that it's rich with RP verbs. Using the SAY verb with adverbs is a great way to do this. E.g., Villain angrily says, "You're in my way!" Few people who are actually angry bother with little details so this is a great way to get across that it's just RP.

2) If there's any doubt in your mind that the other player doesn't know it's RP, send a quick OOC whisper. Something like, "OOC: Hey, this character is a villain looking to push someone around. If you're not interested just let me know and he'll wander off."

I have dealt with villains in the past and loved it. I've also sent a quick OOC whisper saying when I'm not in the mood. Just try to be open and willing to communicate.

Oh, and use CHALLENGE for the violence, ideally with an Empath or someone nearby. That way nobody has to end up dead.

- Navesi