I need help 09/03/2016 04:03 PM CDT

Went to skin some rats in shipyard. Rondale has been there for about 2 days straight, afk scripting. I reported. Nothing happened. The next day I show up, hes there. I tried interacting again, and a guy named Blackdew came out of hiding and killed me. Ok, whatever... I departed. Right outside of the temple, Blackdew kills me again. I didn't attack him. I reported him. Didn't hear anything back. I depart again. 5 minutes later, a guy named Kayatoshi kills me. I never have even met or seen this guy before.... clearly it is the same player. Clearly he is grieving me. I reported Kayatoshi as well. Haven't heard a work back on the report, so I did an assist request... still nothing.

Is policy not enforced anymore? Can high level players kill low level players on a whim, without cause?
Re: I need help 09/03/2016 04:26 PM CDT
First thing I would do is check your profile setting for PvP.

If you are set PvP OPEN, yes, anyone can kill you for no reason.
Re: I need help 09/03/2016 04:34 PM CDT
There are like 15 rooms in rats, why don't you just leave him alone? Sounds like you're equally griefing them.
Re: I need help 09/03/2016 04:58 PM CDT
>>If you are set PvP OPEN, yes, anyone can kill you for no reason.

Just a note, but last I heard, a player cannot continue a conflict using a second character, even if the target is Open. So in this case if the second attacker was indeed the same person, that might be a policy violation even if the OP is Open.

Granted, I am not a GM and I don't see anything specifically about this in Policy. It's just what I was told when an acquaintance ran into that situation and consulted a GM in game.

- Navesi
Re: I need help 09/03/2016 05:00 PM CDT
If they're dancing/camping so it ruins the spawn in the area, it can be very aggravating.

If you can handle rats okay though, you might try louts. Much larger hunting area.
Re: I need help ::Thread Over:: 09/03/2016 06:51 PM CDT

This is a matter that you should assist about in game, not post on the forums.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.