Shared consent 08/12/2015 11:19 PM CDT
So... in my opinion the spousal consent mechanic is very, very antiquated. I think it's a good idea to be able to share consent with another player for various reasons but I think it would be beneficial if the concept of consent shared between players was decoupled from the IC reality of marriage and bonding roses. There are a ton of situations ICly where you might want to be able to designate a person that can jump in for you in a fight that don't involve you being their widdle wuvbug. Your character's willingness to have their soul intertwined with another persons' or be married at all should not influence your ability to access 100% OOC facets of PvP policy.

So I would vote moving this to a completely separate command and mechanic. Put a cooldown of at least a month on setting your designated consent buddy and have it always show up in PROFILE.

The only potential hiccup to this I see is Necromancers. Without getting into too much detail, there are presently extra steps and drawbacks involved in certain Necromancer bondings, and I don't know if this is purely related to the mechanic of bonding being a divine thing ICly or whether this is intended to make sharing consent more difficult. If it's the latter, I don't really have a good suggestion for it, but I will say that I do not believe it should be more difficult for players of Necromancers to share consent with another player, so this should be a moot point.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Shared consent 08/13/2015 01:54 PM CDT
It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.

I agree with you.

In the real world, I've never had to defend my spouse in a physical manner. Not true with certain friends or sisters. Now I'm not saying that DR should exactly reflect real life or anything silly like that. I just agree that sometimes it's unsurprising that a person with a relationship other than spousal would involve themselves in a pvp scenario to assist or defend one whom they care about. The timer is a solid example of a solution to keep it from being abused, as well as the inability to hide who your comrade is.

I would honestly be surprised if this came to fruition but I support this. Also, I like surprises and wuvbugs.

AIM: the_sly_fox

"And that's about as likely as zombie George Washington coming back from the dead to save us from the 2016 political season." -Raesh
Re: Shared consent 08/13/2015 08:10 PM CDT

Would support 100%, as long as it's reasonably doable without costing the sanity of one of our coding GMs!