PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/01/2015 07:47 PM CST
I have heard that you're not supposed to initiate combat if your are PVP stace closed, against a someone who is open. Is that true? I've had a couple of instances of a player randomly attacking me because I'm open and they're set to closed. I was told by other players that it wasn't allowed, but I'm not sure.
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/01/2015 08:48 PM CST
If you are open, anyone can attack you. But if you feel harassed, even as an open player, you can report.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/01/2015 08:53 PM CST
Oh, and you should report them to the GMs anyway for behaving out of their PvP stance for the chance of them being locked open for a period of time.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/01/2015 08:53 PM CST
>>I have heard that you're not supposed to initiate combat if your are PVP stace closed, against a someone who is open. Is that true?

No.

>>I've had a couple of instances of a player randomly attacking me because I'm open and they're set to closed. I was told by other players that it wasn't allowed, but I'm not sure.

As Squanto pointed out, if you feel people are not acting according to their profile stance, definitely report it so a GM can weigh in.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/01/2015 10:13 PM CST
I vote mass genocide. Remove profile and consider everyone open.
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/02/2015 12:49 PM CST
<<I have heard that you're not supposed to initiate combat if your are PVP stace closed, against a someone who is open. Is that true? I've had a couple of instances of a player randomly attacking me because I'm open and they're set to closed. I was told by other players that it wasn't allowed, but I'm not sure.>>

pics or it didn't happen

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/02/2015 01:50 PM CST
>>I've had a couple of instances of a player randomly attacking me because I'm open and they're set to closed. I was told by other players that it wasn't allowed, but I'm not sure.

>>As Squanto pointed out, if you feel people are not acting according to their profile stance, definitely report it so a GM can weigh in.

Yes. Please tell us. We cannot fix the problem unless we know there is one to begin with.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/08/2015 12:10 AM CST

Yes good idea. Go stance open which says you accept combat in any form it takes.

Then report and send a GM after your fellow player for accepting you at your word.
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question 03/08/2015 09:09 AM CDT

I agree it sounds silly when an open player complains about being attacked, but the flipside is just as true. A closed player is saying they want no pvp on any terms, so attacking anyone is just as silly, especially if they use it as a safety net or talk about the profile stance in game. I think they should just get rid of pvp stance, and have everyone guarded. Those that abuse the system will become known and dealt with.
Re: PVP Stance Clarification Question ::Thread Over:: 03/08/2015 09:54 AM CDT

This one's done.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.