PVP Consent 12/20/2012 02:13 AM CST
I've encounter a situation today where I was healing up and repairing my armor after a hunting trip, a guarded character go to my room with the box jumping disease, wait for it to jump to me while was repairing my armor, than run of. Do I have consent on this character?
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 07:13 AM CST
...what is 'the box jumping disease'?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 07:51 AM CST
I think he just means disease.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 09:08 AM CST
One of the box traps puts a disease on you, that has a chance to "jump" to other people. Not sure if it's working as intended but when it jumps to another person it leaves the original carrier uninfected.
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 09:38 AM CST
<<I've encounter a situation today where I was healing up and repairing my armor after a hunting trip, a guarded character go to my room with the box jumping disease, wait for it to jump to me while was repairing my armor, than run of. Do I have consent on this character?>>

If it was clearly intentional I'd say sure. If it wasn't I'd probably just let it go as risk would clearly out-weigh the reward (satisfaction from killing vs potential report lockout/GM intervention mess).

- Buuwl
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 09:58 AM CST
It seems very unlikely that this would provide consent, since it isn't something you can control. I've had several instances where I was running to the empaths to get healed, then got there with no disease and went about my day, only to have someone swing by my Trader shop to tell me that I just killed them with disease.

I could maybe see that being consent if it was clearly intentional, like following you around until it finally jumped, but that doesn't sound intentional with someone walking into your room and then walking off (unless you have a demonstrated past conflict with that person and they had located you in that room or something)

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 10:03 AM CST
Bottom line, when in doubt if you see guarded/closed, if it smells like provolone leave it alone.

- Buuwl
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 11:06 AM CST
IMO...

If you have to ask yourself "Is this person giving me consent by doing that?," you're going to end up having to deal with a GM at some point anyway, so put that into consideration when making a decision.

At the same time, I feel that if you're doing something that makes you ask yourself "Is this giving them consent?," then you most likely are.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: PVP Consent 12/20/2012 11:17 AM CST
>>if it smells like provolone leave it alone.

But but it's so creamy and tasty!

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: PVP Consent 12/25/2012 12:30 AM CST
Thanks for the advice.