PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 05:36 PM CST
I was listening in to an assist from Faehlan, after she stole from someone and got locked open, she died a bunch and wasn't happy about it... Her crying got Solomon down there and he explained PvP like it never has been explained before.

The point of my post is to ask for this actually to be put into effect.

>>Droughtman says, "But remember that killing someone, no matter what your setting, will lock you open for a period of time, because you're a murderer."
Re: PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 05:41 PM CST
Agreed. Especially if the guarded/closed person strikes first, that should be auto-lock open, like stealing.

Markat says, "Pleasant people without moral faults, going to church every week and abstaining from sins such as vanity and zombies. Feh...."
Re: PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 06:10 PM CST

I agree as well.
Re: PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 06:47 PM CST
<<<
I was listening in to an assist from Faehlan, after she stole from someone and got locked open, she died a bunch and wasn't happy about it... Her crying got Solomon down there and he explained PvP like it never has been explained before.>>

Talk about "fail'n"

The technique of the Banshee's Wail flows fluidly through your mind an instant before you unleash its power through a roar of fatal intent.
Raesh appears to be frozen with fear!
Roundtime: 2 sec.

- Buuwl
Re: PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 06:49 PM CST
I agree. This should be a setting just like stealing or the Necro system. If you wanna play, be prepared to play.
Re: PvP OPEN 12/07/2012 09:45 PM CST

A post was hidden, remember this is not the conflicts folder.

GM Quarel Veryan
Re: PvP OPEN 12/08/2012 01:31 AM CST
>>Mythorlogical: Agreed. Especially if the guarded/closed person strikes first, that should be auto-lock open, like stealing.

My understanding is that other mechanics will eventually be tied into the automatic PvP settings.

In the meantime, if you think that someone is behaving in a way that is inconsistent with his PvP stance (for example, a "closed" person attacking people without consent), you should report that to a GM so that the person's PvP stance can be adjusted for him.

Re: Auto-Setting Profile PvP Status on 07/02/2010 11:41 AM EDT

First strike while Closed will definitely set you to Guarded, multiple first strikes while Guarded in a TBD period of time will set you Open.

Re: Auto-Setting Profile PvP Status on 07/02/2010 07:45 PM EDT

First strike is a very useful metric for measuring objectively who it was that decided to escalate the situation to violence, since there can be no misinterpretation or vagueness about it. AIM and TARGET you start measuring intentions rather than actions and while those specific instances may be valid (we may even do them), it would also beg the question of other clear intentions for combat which we cannot quantify.

Re: Auto-Setting Profile PvP Status on 07/13/2010 06:14 PM EDT

As I've posted before, it won't be 'one first strike' that locks you Open.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!