Question about consent 12/22/2011 02:20 PM CST
I have been doing alot of hanging out in the empath guild (why not I am an empath), and there has been a ton of random killing there lately. The other day one guy was fighting the other guy who seems to enjoy the ramdomness of shooting (who runs around wearing nothing and does nothing but shoot people), and I began to heal the guy who was being attacked. The Random shooter told me to stop, and then fired. And that was my fifth death from him in 3 days. Is this really allowed? Because I have started moving out of the empath guild when I see him, but I know from the amount of bodies being pulled into the empath guild that other areas are not safe either.
Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 03:02 PM CST
Yeah, if he tells you to stop and you keep healing his opponent, it's considered aiding the person he is in combat with and I do believe that counts as consent.

How do you know it was random?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 05:10 PM CST
I will concur that there are a lot of deaths, and while I have no idea if he (I think the character is a he) is playing with consent, I think he is doing anything legitly by the rules, but I could see how some people might see the person as a nuisance, I know the person has received death from both those he has attacked, and those he has killed.

I forgot to check the person's profile, but I hope with this type of activity, where they are definitely overtly attacking and engaging in PvP, that they are set to open. That is about all that I care for, oh and it would be somewhat cool if a posse united to defend against this reckless, and obviously disturbed person.

Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 05:56 PM CST

Actually it was almost as if the person said stop and shot in the next breath. I am pretty sure the next thing after stop was my death in a very crowded room.
Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 06:02 PM CST

Oh, and I am PVP closed, AND he hasnt received death from me for any of the 5 times he has killed me.
Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 06:11 PM CST
>>Kelly87: The other day one guy was fighting the other guy who seems to enjoy the ramdomness of shooting (who runs around wearing nothing and does nothing but shoot people), and I began to heal the guy who was being attacked. The Random shooter told me to stop, and then fired.

If an Empath knowingly interferes with an ongoing conflict by healing one of the (living) combatants, the patient's opponent will have consent against that Empath. However, once a combatant dies, his opponent doesn't have consent against an Empath or Cleric who heals or raises the corpse.

"Also, please bear in mind that assisting the victim of a crime is NOT a crime itself, though it usually will grant consent to the perpetrator." --News 5 25

>>Kelly87: Actually it was almost as if the person said stop and shot in the next breath. I am pretty sure the next thing after stop was my death in a very crowded room.

This doesn't matter if you knew that there was ongoing conflict. If you don't want to end up in the middle of situations like this, play it safe and stay out of it.

>>Kelly87: Oh, and I am PVP closed

Being PvP closed does not prevent others from gaining consent on you.

"Any consent that you've granted or implied (see the news items mentioned above) while your PvP stance is closed may be acted upon righteously and without prejudice, as has always been the case. This stance does not protect you from the consequences of your actions - it is merely a guide that other players can use to find out how to approach conflicts." --News 5 31

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Question about consent 12/22/2011 08:21 PM CST
Sarkranis has answered this beautifully, I think. Also, if you do plan on staying in the Empath's Guild and healing corpses or w/e, it may be good to wait until they die or ask if it's okay to heal them if there is obvious combat going on.

Inauri usually doesn't ask because I'm Open and hey, death is just a thing. But when you're being killed everyday, yeah that's annoying and I usually OOC them and ask them to please not murder my face so often. Random deaths are okay. Random deaths every day are not really fun.

---
Inauri
Re: Question about consent 12/23/2011 02:52 AM CST
Is there a reason for each of the five times he killed you? Give us the whole story.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Question about consent 12/24/2011 03:10 AM CST
Funny to be reading this just as I'm fighting the urge to change my empath's profile from open and I hate that I'm feeling that way. But yah, random deaths daily, even multiple times during the day gets to be too much when it appears to be solely due to profile.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."