Re: TKS 08/28/2011 06:26 PM CDT
The player AOE is a pretty archaic catch to the spell that badly designed for today's DR. In the high ranks where TKS is effective, it's mostly areas where people depart upon death. They get the exp loss on top of losing the experience pool, which is now three times larger than it was when TKS was designed. PVP policy also seems alot more complicated today.

The other suggestion was good: being able to toggle it as a non-necro spell.

Another solution would have it hit anyone if you are PVP-Open and only creatures if you are PVP-Guarded or closed.

Right now it's a lose-lose situation in terms of policy.

If TKS granted consent, you would have high level people wandering into a TKS area to get TKSed on purpose and then kill the hunter for griefing purposes. I've had this happen before. People in this game do not hesitate to kill someone and show off their high ranks. Oh noes!! You just casted Nissa's binding on me because I was in your room annoying you, and taking your mobs, time to shoot you in the face!

Right now TKS doesn't grant consent, and this is still bad. I don't know how the other moon mages in super celps get by with using TKS without casualties, but I've killed 2 people already with TKS. Despite all my apologies, they didn't say a word to me and tried to kill me before any type of resolution. They only start talking after they kill me-- "bam.. watch where you tks you puny insect" or figure out they can't kill me --"(stupid snert bully using tks to grief)". Either way, they are left feeling shafted by consent policy in the former situation, and being a helpless victim in the latter case. I'm left either dead with my hunting xp drained, or with a very hefty murder fine and bad vibes among the hunting community.

There's no easy policy resolution to this-- the spell should be changed.
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 06:48 PM CDT
>There's no easy policy resolution to this-- the spell should be changed.

This is exactly what i'd like to see happen.

>No one is arguing WHAT the rules are, at least I don't think so. I'm arguing how they should be.
>I know this isn't a democracy but I'd like to think people can voice their opinions.

no, someone was asking for a "red name" reply. I don't think the rule should change, i think the spell needs to change.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 07:24 PM CDT
>>no, someone was asking for a "red name" reply.

Gotcha.

>> I don't think the rule should change, i think the spell needs to change.

I'd be fine with it either way.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 07:50 PM CDT
"I don't think the rule should change, i think the spell needs to change"

I thought all spells that do damage had to use TM, I'm confused I guess does the spell use TM or no?

A Dragon Priest assassin sweeps the area with its serpentine eyes and snarls, "You can not hide forever! Your fate hasss already been sssealed!"
A Dragon Priest assassin eyes narrow as it points at you and hisses, "You ssshall be retired, mark!"
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 08:13 PM CDT
The spell absolutely uses TM, it just can't be as finely targeted as other AoE spells. They can't choose to only hit targets engaged with them. It hits the area, period.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 08:14 PM CDT
Thanks Katt I thought they said it didn't teach TM.

A Dragon Priest assassin sweeps the area with its serpentine eyes and snarls, "You can not hide forever! Your fate hasss already been sssealed!"
A Dragon Priest assassin eyes narrow as it points at you and hisses, "You ssshall be retired, mark!"
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 09:41 PM CDT
TKS is just a whirlwind of telekinetic force that lifts up objects and slams them into other objects in the area.

It's all kinds of uncontrollable. It'll smash your coins, your gems, your boxes...pretty much everything if you let it.
Re: TKS 08/28/2011 10:20 PM CDT

I use Flames of Ushnish, which is an area affect spell, which affects everything instantly. I have accidentally killed two characters while doing so, and I wouldn't have complained at all if they had killed Flavius or arranged to have him killed. However, in both cases, I did attempt to render whatever aid was possible.

Of course one was a necromancer....which I only found out about while to trying to resurrect him...which was rather humorous.

Anyhoo....I use FOU because it is the only way to train TM at a reasonable pace for Flavius. I am willing to take my lumps if I accidentally kill or hurt someone, though if they want to resolve it with me in other ways, I am up for that too.

By the way, Flavius is Guarded...I really can't see being Guarded and not being willing to take your lumps for something your character did.
Re: TKS 08/29/2011 01:52 AM CDT
I think everyone is in agreement that the policy on this scenario is clear. When you're hunting, you should expect to be able to use all of your lethal abilities. Some spells have protections built in for the passersby, and you are expected to use them when they are available to you.

If you'd like to see this particular spell changed, you should be discussing that in the appropriate magic folder!

Thanks!
Lyneya