Deceleration of Guarded war 07/13/2011 07:09 PM CDT
So, guarded dude gives me consent. I kill him

Guarded dude tells me that he will kill me every time he sees me, once again granting consent with a threat.

I kill guarded dude again.

Is consent over or does the nature of the threat provide me consent until he retracts his deceleration of war?

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/13/2011 07:30 PM CDT
>>Is consent over or does the nature of the threat provide me consent until he retracts his deceleration of war?

I'd say it's over until he repeats his deceleration of war. A statement can grant consent, but consent will not last until it is said again. And again.

Your safest bet would be to make sure you have iron clad consent each time.

More and more are displaying complete ignorance of the Guarded stance. Our opinion that it sees more abuse than any other stance is... well, proving itself to be true.

If he start attacking as he said then you should post his character's name. I'm gonna start doing that now.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/15/2011 06:40 AM CDT
This sounds comically familiar to something that happened in Lang last week. Is he a psuedo-stealth Barbarian, by any chance?
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/15/2011 04:37 PM CDT
"This sounds comically familiar to something that happened in Lang last week. Is he a psuedo-stealth Barbarian, by any chance?"

No, WM I'm pretty sure and he backed down pretty quickly from it, but it left me with the question about that type of incident.

If Mr Guarded Mc'Guardedson declares that he will kill you every time he sees you, it seems like under the idea of his profile he's acknowledged a PvP situation that he wants to be involved in.

But Vinjince is probably right and iron clad consent would really need to be the way to go. Because mister guardedpants wants to be involved in it until he doesn't and reserves the right to have a GM tell me about his change of heart.

I was thinking of posting the log somewhere though. He did thump me before I killed him the second time. That makes for good logs.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/15/2011 07:00 PM CDT
Just wait til he makes a move/says it again and you're fine.

Also, declaration.
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/15/2011 10:52 PM CDT
"declaration."

Holy crap you're right. I spell like crap and rely on firefox to cover for me. In this instance, I did not pay enough attention to what it was suggesting I turn my mangled approximation of declaration into.

I have been shamed.

-Serc

Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/16/2011 10:08 AM CDT
And here I thought you were talking about a war that was slowing down.
Re: Deceleration of Guarded war 07/17/2011 04:32 PM CDT
"And here I thought you were talking about a war that was slowing down."

Nope. I'm just an idiot.

-Serc