Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 08:42 PM CDT
So i know we've been asked to point out people acting way outside their pvp stance, to both GMs and players. I ran into this fellow today.

I had been arguing with another character, phaelynae. It went on for a little bit and eventually led to me getting rezcamped by said character, which is fine, whatever. We're both open and in an argument.

Then around my third death i depart and go start to forage to get some exp for favors and 10 seconds later:
<the log itself is lost to scroll, i only have the verbal text>

Thylos walks in

Thylos snapcasts and melts my face off

So ive never seen, talked to, or heard of this dude before.

>profile thylos

PvP stance: Guarded

Ok then.....

[19:19] You ask, "And who are you?"
[19:19] Thylos says, "It seems like it was the thing to do."
[19:19] Thylos says, "I thought everyone was doing it."
[19:19] You say, "How quaint."
[19:20] You whisper to Thylos, "Randomly ganking and rezkilling people from behind a guarded stance is pretty poor form."
[19:20] Thylos whispers, "And yet, it doesn't seem it matters since you're open"
[19:20] Thylos whispers, "poor baby... go cry"

Now, i dont really mind the deaths, i was in the middle of getting rez camped anyway, but this is pretty clearly either someone that has a very warped idea of how profiles are meant to work, or someone blatantly abusing guarded stance to hide behind.
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 08:52 PM CDT
Two points -

One, dude tried to gank me while I was killing someone else, so that's exciting. Had to kill him too.

Two, pretty sure he's the same person behind Joshuan and Phaelynae, who were all rezkilling you. So he's not only ganking while guarded, but also using multiple accounts to do it.

Name: Phaelynae
Guild: Cleric Spouse: Uninterested
Preferred Location: Rossman's Landing
Roleplay Stance: Medium
PvP Stance: Guarded
Quote: "Even to observe neutrality you must have strong faith."

Yeah. Can someone explain to him how profiles work? Thanks.

Where's Madigan?!?!

I'm so noble it hurts.
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 09:26 PM CDT
>Yeah. Can someone explain to him how profiles work? Thanks.

He seems to have a pretty clear view on how they work. And so far it's working.

What the GMs do to him from here might change that view. I certainly hope it does.
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 10:02 PM CDT
Phaelynae (Joshuan) ganks my necromancer on a regular basis lately, yet he still plays under guarded. Anyhow, I choose to deal with that in different ways, however, I do hope GM's are paying attention to this particular players behavior.
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 10:35 PM CDT
Oh, that makes a little more sense.

Not in actual reasons to be killing, but fitting of the player.

So for the 5 or 6 deaths in 15 minutes i guess he wanted to make sure he wasnt venturing into harassment territory, so he spread it out by using 3 seperate characters. Or maybe just wanted to pretend he wasnt camping because 'lol it was just three different characters that i was playing that ~just so happened~ to kill you everytime you departed, it wasnt ME'.

While hiding behind guarded, of course.

Classy.
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 11:29 PM CDT
I've heard/seen the same thing happening involving this player as well. They seem to have a penchant for abusing Guarded with their alts, while also settling fights too big for them with the 150th+ main (the only one that IS Open, of course.)
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/06/2011 11:34 PM CDT
<<Phaelynae (Joshuan) ganks my necromancer on a regular basis lately, yet he still plays under guarded. Anyhow, I choose to deal with that in different ways, however, I do hope GM's are paying attention to this particular players behavior.>>

This is definitely on our radar.

And...

<<Classy.>>

This is definitely not.

Solomon
Re: Profiles that dont fit. 07/07/2011 09:36 AM CDT
>>I've heard/seen the same thing happening involving this player as well. They seem to have a penchant for abusing Guarded with their alts, while also settling fights too big for them with the 150th+ main (the only one that IS Open, of course.)<<

Ridiculous