Please fix Grave Robbing 08/30/2005 07:22 AM CDT
Sorry, adding a "random timer" after you pick up an item from a grave is just silly.

<<Under the new mechanics, this period of time has been changed from 15 minutes to a minimum of one hour, with the random capacity to last longer so that there is no certain time.>>

No certain time? How is anyone supposed to actually attempt this?

I recently had someone steal from me in the Crossing. I proceede to strangle him to death. He dies, I snag his short bow. He doesn't say a word.

A minute or two passes and he just departs. Never says a word. Comes back within 30 seconds and starts digging his grave. I take a peek in and see a spidersilk pouch.

Being the vengeful jerk I am I take it. Then I stand in the open. FOR 10 MINUTES. Then I slip into hiding. I stand around in the same room as him for another 35 minutes. HE SAYS NOTHING THEN WALKS AWAY.

Now using my knowledge of how things worked in the past, I remember it being an hour wait before items popped back if you didnt get consent.

So with that I run around the Crossing for another 2 hours. I then log out and go to sleep. Well I'll be damned the next morning the items were gone :/

Can we please get some kind of set timer. I'm not asking for a free pass for stealing items but what gives? All I want is for it to be a feasable option. A random timer makes this unfeasable as I don't have (insert random number of hours) to sit around in game.

2 hours is a fine limit. 3 is a bit much. Please consider revision.

Top 5 reasons for this post:
1. Resurrection
2. Glyph of warding
3. Searching characters to get items back
4. Mule Clerics/Empaths (Death has little consequence)
5. Random Timer/Inability to dig others graves

Summary: Lots of ways to prevent, avoid, deter grave robbing. 0 ways to actually make it a practicable ability. If i want to ruin my own characters image by grave robbing please let me.

-G, player thereof

---
Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: That is why no one will remember your name.