Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 12:33 AM CDT
Just curious, but I have recently come back in the last few months, after a four year break, and grave robbing then selling what you steal seems to have become the in thing to do. When did this happen? I remember grave robbing being something that sparked hours and hours of pvp and lynch mobs that usually ended with whatever GM was unlucky enough to be on at that time making the thieves give the items back. Soooo what changed?

Just curious...

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
-Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 12:58 AM CDT
New set of trolls. You'll likely meet them here in a day or two when they find out about this thread and come to gloat.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 07:30 PM CDT
>>If you are atk you won't leave a grave. The only people defaulting to the one favor depart are afk and I don't feel bad for them.

If you autodepart it defaults to the max favors you have available.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 01:28 AM CDT
Yes, because nothing is more fun than OOC stuff being used as a reason to kill people in game. Good times.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
-Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 09:07 PM CDT
>With all the changes made to this game to make it easier to keep your stuff, I just really, REALLY find it hard to believe that people still type depart.

There is also spirit death and the fact that it blocks resurrection (in addition to greatly reducing the time before departing unless there is someone to heal spirit), which is why the players of Aftermath, Cibym (and probably others) use it (in addition to it doing a good job of killing characters), to force people to use favors, so that they will eventually leave graves.

They then often kill people repeatedly, because you can't change your PvP stance from open unless you stay alive for an hour.

Which then ties back to the whole graverobbing policy and how it's really not as simple to avoid all of this as some people seem to think when there are groups of people organized around achieving this end, unless you're actively expecting it.

I am --- Navak
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 01:44 AM CDT
>Yes, because nothing is more fun than OOC stuff being used as a reason to kill people in game. Good times.

No, nothing is more fun than listening everyone gweth about it! Best times.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 07:14 AM CDT

Graverobbing seems to be far LESS common than it was in the past, probably because you'd have to be an idiot or afk to get graverobbed with the new depart mechanics.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 07:18 AM CDT
The only issue with your post is that gms are getting involved. They should not be involved if policy is not broken. Graverobbing is completely avoidable through favors and if you have a high end weapon you care for, bonding potions.

I expected more from you Harlot, all things considered.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? 08/19/2016 06:28 PM CDT

Again, this is a folder for discussion on Grave Robbing policy. If you have a complaint about a player due to their actions against you, those get handled in game by assists.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? ::Post Hidden:: 08/20/2016 01:10 AM CDT
A post was removed.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing?::NUDGE:: 08/20/2016 02:36 PM CDT

I'm going back to review the posts in this discussion.

If it's not specific to the Grave Robbing Policy, it's going to be removed.

If you're reading and that's one of your posts, quick, delete it.

Continuing to post off topic results in you earning yourself a time out from the forums.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Umm What is with all the grave robbing? ::Thread Over:: 08/20/2016 02:43 PM CDT

Nevermind.

This one is done. If you would like a copy of your post and haven't received an email in regard to the removal, EMAIL me.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor