Geyser bug 01/17/2013 01:17 AM CST

J> targ gey
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace a hasty sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Geyser spell.
There is nothing else to face!
What are you trying to attack?
You are not engaged to anything, so you must specify a target to focus on!
J> rel
You aren't harnessing any mana.
You let your concentration lapse and feel the spell's energies dissipate.

You have no cyclic spell active to release.
J> targ gey at kitarro
You must be preparing a spell in order to target it!
Re: Geyser bug 01/17/2013 11:28 AM CST
>>J> targ gey at kitarro

Looks like this is PvP. If targeting mechanics for PvP are same for 3.0 as they are 2.0 you have to specify to target a Player character as in

Target gey at kitarro etc. Cant just Target Geyser. Thats auto targeting like "Face next" that can only be used against critters.
Re: Geyser bug 01/17/2013 12:00 PM CST
>>Looks like this is PvP. If targeting mechanics for PvP are same for 3.0 as they are 2.0 you have to specify to target a Player character as in
>>Target gey at kitarro etc. Cant just Target Geyser. Thats auto targeting like "Face next" that can only be used against critters.

I thought it wasn't buggy at first, but I think it is, unelss they were hiding or something during the test and you didn't see it and it messed something up with the engagement.

in 3.0 "Target person" that you're already facing, will actually cause it to mess up sometimes(cast 'person 'too on somethign you're targetting-like the cast fails, target drops, but spell stays prepped, it seems to vary - buggy I guess).

3.0 auto targets to what you're facing even in pvp, so you just target(or prep then target) spell or target At person(if you weren't facing them).

*In 3.0 there's really no reason to PREP a TM spell, or really target AT something unless you aren't facing it or trying to target Area.

Face Next I think still only works on critters(unless it or face [option] work on engaged players now).

Re: Geyser bug 01/17/2013 12:52 PM CST
>*In 3.0 there's really no reason to PREP a TM spell, or really target AT something unless you aren't facing it or trying to target >Area

Or if you want to target body parts.