Update the Familiar System next? 01/15/2013 10:07 PM CST

I know its not a high priority system as such, but as we have often heard it is a old clunky mess of a system. It's something that REALLY needs to be done even if its not a critical core thing that keeps the world spinning and such. Its painful to consider and it is understandable that it will not be easy... but like the band-aid on your knee you just have to grit your teeth and yank it off. The game will be better off once its done.
Re: Update the Familiar System next? 01/15/2013 11:13 PM CST
While I would love to see some updates to familiars, this is definitely not a 3.0 discussion and needs to move to the regular Warrior Mage forums.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Update the Familiar System next? 01/18/2013 06:00 PM CST

So how is it not 3.0 to consider Familiars 3.0?
Re: Update the Familiar System next? 01/18/2013 06:13 PM CST
>>So how is it not 3.0 to consider Familiars 3.0?

Familiars 3.0 would imply development that hasn't happened.
Re: Update the Familiar System next? 01/19/2013 03:51 AM CST

Hasn't happened, but if you ever ask any one on the other side of the game controls you would hear things in common...

the system is so old its about the only left of the original DR game since launch...
no one really has a working understanding of it and describe it as one big clunky mess...
so much would like to be done with the system but it just can't happen with the current coding...

and other comments along those lines.

I'm only thinking that since we have so many GMs working on bringing everything up to "code" that is might be prudent to tackle this one as a group and get it up to standards.