Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:36 AM CST
Is there an explanation somewhere on how to cast the two ritual spells? I know you need a foci, and they are at the artificer in the Crossing, but other than that I have no idea which to buy or how to use them.

Also, I could not figure out the syntax for learning magical feats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:47 AM CST
pre aeg/mof/seal cambrinth (usually around 300-600, varies)

invoke staff(geometric one for WM's), or crimson pouch(for mof), or the jar(?-crushed oravir for aeg)

usually by the time the invoke's over if you have the faster invoke feat- 20 seconds rt. (invoking twice doesn't help any, you can also stow/sheath/drop your foci after you use it)

cast (cast camb item for seal camb)

We can only have 1 Transformation spell at a time(AEG or MOF), but we can also cast Seal camb too.

-You need the improvised rituals feat I think

Ask Oz(oks?) about LEARN (spell out the feat's FULL name) x2
ask oz about learn improved matrices
ask oz about learn improved matrices

ask oz about learn legerdemain
ask oz about learn ledgerdemain

a lot have similiar names, so I just hit up and delete a word and not have to type it out

There's also a low skill req for some that may prevent you from getting it. like 150 arcana, 150 perception, 150 stealth, 150 sorcery or something depending on the feat. Only a few have prereqs of other feats(pre recognize, prep illusion, one of the camb or scroll ones maybe)
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:48 AM CST

oh and...

Study the Feat guy works too.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:52 AM CST
Thank you!

I will give it a test, although I don't think I can cast any esoteric spells with my magic skills (around 120-150), elemental being the highest at 160.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 06:14 AM CST

You DO NOT need the improvised ritual feat.

Improvised Rituals allow you to use the expensive staffs that have an unlimited amount of use, you can use the regular ritual components otherwise.

You'll have to buy a separate component for fire and one for earth.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Foci

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 10:24 AM CST
Seal Cambrinth is castable without a focus.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:29 PM CST
>>Castable without foci
So are MOF and AEG. Fissure + nemiro stones and enough attunement.
I was sure what the analogous foci was, the staff didnt work for seal camb. So I was casting without one.

>>improve ritual foci
Ok thought you needed it for the pouches too, to use foci objects in general with ritual spells.
Kind of wish they were wearable.

Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:37 PM CST
>>Kind of wish they were wearable.

Wearable foci are intended to be Auction/Quest level items last I remember.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 12:55 PM CST
>>>>Kind of wish they were wearable.

>>Wearable foci are intended to be Auction/Quest level items last I remember.

I put a weapon strap on one of the staffs to wear it, haven't retried it since the last wipe.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 03:15 PM CST
>>Seal Cambrinth is castable without a focus.

They're all castable without a focus.

It might just not be the best use of your energy.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 03:17 PM CST
I feel like "wearable foci" was more in the "you don't need it in your hands to use" sense than the "you carry it in a container"

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 04:52 PM CST
>They're all castable without a focus.

Right, true... SEC min prep is 50 mana, which is worlds more manageable than some of the others.
Re: Ritual Spells 12/07/2012 07:16 PM CST
Lot of information here!

What seems to be the minimum skill/stat levels for Esoteric spells in general but AEG and MOF specifically? I am very interested in AEG, and it would be handy to know when I could cast it.