Ranger spell mana caps 01/03/2013 01:01 AM CST
Soch,

I'm wondering if the documentation that is currently out there for the Ranger 3.0 spells is correct? The lists all indicate that the mana cap for all our spells is in the 80-99 range, while most other non-Ranger spells are capped at 100. Is this the case, or is the documentation not up to date?

I seem to remember a red name commenting that all non-Ritual spells cap at 100?

Thanks
GENT
Re: Ranger spell mana caps 01/03/2013 09:45 AM CST
>>I seem to remember a red name commenting that all non-Ritual spells cap at 100?

I think all non-cyclic/non-rituals generally cap out around 90-110. Few are exactly 100.

Cyclics seem to cap out around 30-50 while Rituals generally cap at around 600 (pre-foci, at least).

AFAIK (and I could be totally wrong here), a higher cap doesn't mean a spell teaches better, outside of the exp boost you get for casting a spell so high. It's more scalable. If it takes X amount of magic to cap a spell at Y difficulty, then you'd need the same amount to cap a spell whose range is 1-50 as you would a spell whose range is 1-100.

I know that, from experience, it's harder for me to put mana into Rite of Contrition than Universal Solvent. Meanwhile, RoC is advanced and USOL is esoteric. But RoC's range is 4-19 and USOL's range is 15-55.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).