Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/06/2012 01:59 PM CST
Heyas,

I've moved the TM stuff from Compost into its own spell called Carrion Call. Compost is now 1 slot, and Carrion Call is 1 slot. Carrion Call requires Compost. So basically it's just like before, except that this should alleviate the targeting issues with the hybrid design, and prevent accidental miscasts of the wrong sort.

Also, Carrion Call has been set up to do a little less total damage - but it has a tendency to hit body parts that are already wounded, giving it what might end up being an interesting niche for TM. It is not guaranteed to hit already wounded areas, but more mana invested will increase the probability. Let me know what you think.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/06/2012 02:54 PM CST
>> Also, Carrion Call has been set up to do a little less total damage - but it has a tendency to hit body parts that are already wounded, giving it what might end up being an interesting niche for TM. It is not guaranteed to hit already wounded areas, but more mana invested will increase the probability. Let me know what you think.

That's really cool.
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/06/2012 05:34 PM CST
I like it. Seems to target the wound areas really well.

Informaiton:
Targeted Magic 127
vs.
Snow Goblins

Method:
Jab chest with scimitar until it's bleeding
Target CAC # at {goblin}
Fully Targeted
Cast
Healme
Count chest hits, vs non-chest hits, vs misses

@ 5 mana:
9 misses
31 non-chest
10 chest
20% SUCCESS

@ 20 mana:
10 misses
23 non-chest
17 chest
34% SUCCESS

Not very scientific, but it's a start if someone would like to really test it.

Notes with this test (- being bad things, + being things to consider):

- I don't know how much you would hit the chest normally with any spell if the area were bleeding or not.
- I didn't check balance or position - I just went until they died.
+ If they got two bleeders, I finished them off and started with a new goblin.
+ I used healme in between because I can't cast 50 times at 20 mana.
+ I did try it 32 mana (capped for me) not as extensive, but I saw less misses, but no more hits to chest.

Maybe someone with Genie that can track easier and right a script for it, can carry on my lazy research!

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/23/2012 12:58 AM CST
Since compost has basically gone back to its original use, can we get the mana boosting aspect reinstated? Give people a reason to use the spell since we also have "beseech the wind to clean" for trash removal.

Also how about a spell to compost weapons and armor on an opponent. Call it "harmony of nature"; nature reaches out through you to return <mob/persons name>'s weapons [and armor(with more skill)] to their natural state. You have reduced <mob/persons name>'s longbow from pristine condition to rather scuffed up and <mob/persons name>'s leather gloves from rather scuffed up to several unsightly notches.

The more power you push into the spell the more pieces(thicker pieces) its decays(lower the equipments condition). The spell would need a boost against critters(or reduction when targeting other people) so that it wouldn't be over powered in PvP.
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/23/2012 11:30 AM CST
Good luck with that one, I doubt a spell would be released that could cost a person 10 plat + with a single cast.
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 02:27 AM CST
##########
Durability 2.0 ยท on 10/10/2010 9:33:58 AM 3203
Howdy everyone! The new Durability 2.0 system is about to hit Prime and I wanted to give you a heads up. This system includes a complete rewrite of all weapon, armor and shield health, repair and damaging mechanics. So, let me explain some of the changes:

1). Items can no longer permanently break, and items previously too broken to repair can now be repaired. Repair times and costs have dropped substantially.
3). Items will now gradually wear out with use. When an item incurs over 20% damage it will begin to penalize the user. A cap exists on this penalty, unlike before. Bows and ammo will not currently take wear, and I will let you know when when this changes.
5). All repair merchants are able to repair items in both the new and old systems. They also respond to ASK <person> ABOUT REPAIR ALL which allows a single repair ticket of all worn/held items that are damaged with a discount to time and cost versus doing items individually.
This message was originally posted in Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players (1) \ Game Master and Official Announcements (1), by DR-KODIUS on the play.net forums.
##########

Unless there has been a change to the above I don't see what the problem would be. I don't think anyone can not afford the price necessary to repair their equipment at the current prices, especially the high end people PvPing. Obviously the spell would have to be balanced by the GMs, but what new spell idea doesn't?

*I did edit out some non important parts of the above post since they weren't pertinent to the topic.
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 09:51 AM CST
>>I don't think anyone can not afford the price necessary to repair their equipment at the current prices, especially the high end people PvPing.

The main issue with repair prices right now is that they are either nothing, because old forged/crafted stuff appraised at like half a kronar, or a ton because they're auction items, festival items, new craft system items using very rare materials with high appraisal values, etc.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 12:29 PM CST

I dont think I'd have any huge issue with a spell or suite of spells across the various MU guilds that did this, provided that they took item construction into play and werent just a flat 'You lose 10% durability to everything exposed'. Could be a nice wrinkle in how people go about decided what gear to use, what gear to craft and sell, and even make people re-think their tactics for PVE and PVP combat. Yes, I can see where the possible abuses would come into play, but like many other 'mean' things in DR I'm sure there will be mechanical limits put into place to prevent overt abuse.

Make this one happen, it could be pretty cool I think.

-O
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 02:24 PM CST
I could see this being a ward, where each strike doesn't absorb damage but damages the weapon so that future strikes are less effective. Or a weapon buff that doesn't cause more damage, but damages armor on successful hits so that future hits are more damaging.

Maybe something for the enchantment system?
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 03:17 PM CST
Sounds like the old Shatter Spell. Not making a GvG comparison, just want it sounds like.
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 03:30 PM CST
I think a TM spell that damages armor would be interesting. Obviously you shouldn't be able to completely destroy it (as in the item poofs), but you should be able to damage it so badly it gets to the highest damage state.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 03:38 PM CST
Actually, sounds like the planned Bard spell "Failure of the Forge".

>>Failure of the Forge (fail) [PLANNED]: A bizarre and discordant enchante, Failure of the Forge's sonic assault attacks the structure of armors and shields in the area, lowering their strength and resistance capabilities. It requires a tremendous amount of skill, but truly talented Bards can have a devastating effect on their opponent's armor. Some speculate that this enchante also makes it easier to imbue spells and enchantments into affected armor.
>>Prerequisites: Chorus of Madmen, Resonance.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Carrion Call - Compost TM split 12/24/2012 03:41 PM CST
Damn, Bards are the new OP.

Never thought I would say that.