I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 10:39 AM CST
I hate them so much that I've released a new spell just so I can hit them harder:

Aspirant's Aegis is a straightforward spell that was developed to protect new Paladins during combat training. It will blunt physical blows that might otherwise cripple a squire while still allowing enough pain to encourage swift improvement. An amusing, if unintended, side effect of the spell's development is that it encourages mentors to swiftly instill the fundamentals of magic in their students so that the students may learn to ward themselves, for the spell takes quite a toll on the caster when manifest about another.

This will serve as a new introduction to the Sacrifice spellbook. It's 1 slot, no preqs, intro warding. Abbreviation is 'AA'. It is in both Test and Plat.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 11:21 AM CST
Whoo, share the love! WTB Paladin companion to fight alongside in tag team spars. We would be absolutely unstoppable!

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 12:48 PM CST
Feels like MPP. A noticeably strong physical damage barrier that's easy to cast (basic), lasts long and doesn't ablate. Very appropriate. Tested and loving it.

Casting on others temporarily drops vit, conc and stam, which I like as a side effect. MPP and AA don't seem to work any better together but I'm guessing that's intentional. AA works beautifully with MAF.

Thanks, Raesh! You rock!
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 01:17 PM CST
MPP is a very good spell to compare it too.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 02:16 PM CST
Me too! I tested it with a circle 2 pallie against a bard with well over 600 brawling- and the punch that should have platted me hurt some, but barely scratched me otherwise.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 04:55 PM CST
Awesome. I thought paladins could use a spell like that.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: I hate Paladins 12/23/2012 06:49 PM CST
If we get the engagement spell soon, it will truely be a paladin christmas ^_^
Re: I hate Paladins 12/24/2012 01:49 AM CST
Engagement spell? Crusader's Challenge?

-Raesh

Re: I hate Paladins 12/24/2012 01:53 AM CST
A good while back now paladins were told we were approved to get a spell that prevents retreating/hiding from us. Probably referring to that spell.
Re: I hate Paladins 12/24/2012 02:17 AM CST
Oh. Yeah, that's not one I know about. I was just confused because CC is currently the only spell on our master docs not updated for Paladins, but that doc doesn't include newer spells that have come up as 3.0 has been developed so I'm not terribly surprised in this case.

I am going to write another TM spell for you, multi shot advanced spell - but due to the messaging needed it will likely be post 3.0.

-Raesh

Re: I hate Paladins 12/31/2012 12:26 AM CST
Aspirant's Aegis is an introductory warding spell, correct?

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: I hate Paladins 12/31/2012 09:01 PM CST
>>Aspirant's Aegis is an introductory warding spell, correct?

It is. Eltarara was a fresh-from-the-cm char, just barely trained up.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy