Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 04:33 AM CST
Is now available to test. It is an Esoteric Ritual spell. Self-cast it replenishes a Paladin's soul state, if cast on another it removes Death's Sting. If folks are looking to test this and don't want to go to the trouble of hunting down extra favors, please chatter for a GM to grant you a few extras - if one is around they should be able to take care of this. Enjoy!

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 09:39 AM CST
Any chance we could get the death sting remove on self cast as well as the soul boost?
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 11:55 AM CST
Thank you for the release:)
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 01:03 PM CST
Done, though you can't get both functions on the same cast. If you have Death's Sting it'll remove it, otherwise you'll get the soul boost.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 01:49 PM CST
Love the spell, but I cant really see picking it up until I'm through every other spell. The cost for it always seemed a bit high, even with favors being relatively easy to get. Basically trading EXP for an effect has always left a sour taste in my mouth I guess. I would prefer a spell that a very high cool down vs the current favor cost, but I may be alone in my view of that.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 02:11 PM CST

For the frequency with which I actually used the soul pool refill, or granted a favor to someone else, I found the cost to be relatively low. I guess it all depends on how many favors you choose to keep. Obviously someone who keeps a high favor count, the cost may seem steeper than a slacker like me who rarely has more than 10. But by that same logic, I can't really argue against waiting to get it. I have all the paladin spells in 2.0, and if the calculations I've seen are correct (I'm too lazy to count) I will have enough slots in 3.0 to do the same, so it won't be a 'decision' I really have to be concerned with.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 09:05 PM CST
I dont disagree, but I was hoping for a quality of life improvement on this spell. The idea im loosing exp to gain back a soul pool seems...eh. I would have preferred a spell with an internal cool down of sorts (like cant be cast again for an hour....?) but since I dont think any spells have cooldowns maybe that is a bad paradigm infringement.

That said as a paladin im glad to get another release and hope more keep coming:)
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/05/2012 10:08 PM CST
<<I have all the paladin spells in 2.0, and if the calculations I've seen are correct (I'm too lazy to count) I will have enough slots in 3.0 to do the same,>>

you might want to get spell feats plus analagous spells as well. Just sayin'. :-)

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 11:35 AM CST
>you might want to get spell feats plus analagous spells as well. Just sayin'. :-)

Already considered. As of now in test I think I have 64 spell slots, and all the paladin spells plus analagous, from what I've heard but not verified, will require between 45-50. Still enough for feats.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 11:43 AM CST
"Already considered. As of now in test I think I have 64 spell slots, and all the paladin spells plus analagous, from what I've heard but not verified, will require between 45-50. Still enough for feats."

Feats? I guess I missed this discussion

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 11:43 AM CST
Magic feats, with all the feats i want learned i still have 50 spell slots, looking at spell costs i'd think it'd be about 5-10 left after learning every spell plus analagous.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 11:49 AM CST

Yeah, I think I only really care about the mastery and attunement feats and I should have plenty for those.

~Katt

Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 11:55 AM CST
Im seeing the same issue really I'm not that high circle, I can get all the feats of relevance and useful spells because frankly because we have some still very fringe use/special case use spells.

I guess I was hoping to see a larger spell list with some of the 3.0 moves.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 12:41 PM CST
For AG, can someone tell me which foci works? I bought the cheapies to try em and had no joy.

Samsaren
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 09:51 PM CST
Heres a more serious ask.

If the spell is a ritual spell, takes takes, tons of mana, etc, can the favor cost just be removed?

The amount of down time I feel is justifiable to getting rid of deaths sting, and while it refreshes our own soul pool, I figure this amount can be reduced to the point where the time/mana cost off set the increase.

I feel THAT would be an attractive spell personally, but it being a ritual AND costing a favor just seems like a large double whammy.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 10:18 PM CST
>I feel THAT would be an attractive spell personally, but it being a ritual AND costing a favor just seems like a large double whammy.

I'll say that I think the favor aspect is a feature best thrown out.

But ritual spells cost a lot of mana, but by the same token, the duration and effects are set by this mana cost, and in the same breath the GMs provide foci to defeat the insane cost, so it's not really a justification as cost, unless you're going to factor in foci cost.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Alamhif's Gift 12/06/2012 10:28 PM CST
Agreed.

Its just odd that a spell requires you basically trade EXP for an effect, and seems strange and..old school. I dont feel it has a place anymore in the game.

Its a ritual, so that counters lots of the effects. Soul STATE is not effected, only Pool, so being evil still has a cost, and replenishing soul pool does not seem all that extreme for a ritual spell. The effect can just be adjusted from an instant refill to a small replenish and a boost to the regen rate.