Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 04:11 PM CST
The duration of both Divine Armor and Bond Weapon appear in the POWER output, but you can only see the duration of Rutilor's Edge by focusing on the affected weapon. Could this be added to the POWER output? Thanks!

>power
You reach out with your senses and see shining (13/21) streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent (12/21) mana to the south, and pale (7/21) mana to the north.
You sense the Divine Armor spell upon you, which will last for about thirteen roisaen.
You sense that there is a bond between you and a long-handled throwing hammer with a steel head bearing the crest of the Paladins' Guild, which should last for about twelve roisaen.
You have not exhausted your ability to smite your foes at all.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

>focus my hammer
You focus your magical senses on a long-handled throwing hammer with a steel head bearing the crest of the Paladins' Guild.
A silver hue dances along the surface of the weapon. You sense that your throwing hammer is sturdier than normal, which should last for about 4 roisaen.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 04:26 PM CST
I wouldn't be against seeing RUE, but isn't it like Bless? At least I could have sworn someone once tossed RUE on a weapon and then passed it off to me. Might be thinking of 2.0, though.

Being able to see Bless and RUE info in power wouldn't be a terrible thing, though.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 05:18 PM CST
>you can only see the duration of Rutilor's Edge by focusing on the affected weapon. Could this be added to the POWER output?

I suspect the spell is stored on the weapon itself, which may make it technically irritating to check.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 05:22 PM CST
In 2.0, you dont see DA by perceiving, so that was added to 3.0. DA and RUE are functionally similar, so I dont see why not.
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 08:35 PM CST
>In 2.0, you dont see DA by perceiving, so that was added to 3.0. DA and RUE are functionally similar, so I dont see why not.

If RUE is a strike-based attack like bless, the variable is saved to the weapon, not the player, so unless the GMs are going to auto-check the weapon in-hand for whatever the character could viable check it for (bless, RUE, whatever), then it's probably not likely to happen.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 11/30/2012 09:43 PM CST
In 2.0 RUE was definitely not strike based, but duration based, so that would be a change..
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 12/06/2012 02:02 AM CST
RUE is cast on a weapon, and so you won't see it when you POWER. Working as intended at the moment.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 12/06/2012 02:07 AM CST
Why not treat it the same way you treat Divine Armor (effects held weapon(s), instead of targeted weapon)

Sorry just seems strange to not roll it in as a quality of life improvement.
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 12/06/2012 02:22 AM CST
>>Why not treat it the same way you treat Divine Armor (effects held weapon(s), instead of targeted weapon). Sorry just seems strange to not roll it in as a quality of life improvement.

Because DA is cast on you, whereas RUE is cast on a weapon, which is a fundamentally different thing. There's different semantics for each scenario.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Rutilor's Edge Suggestion 12/07/2012 12:46 PM CST
I fully understand and im by no way being combative. This is more of a suggestion I guess.

It would be NICE if it was cast like DA, and just effected all of your held weapons (like DA affects your worn armor). I realize thats a programing change though, and I also realize that it would mean you could not hand a RUE weapon to someone else (not sure if that currently works or not, or if it ends when you hand it over to them).

The spell works just fine, but its nice as a quality of life change to see its duration without adding an extra 5-6 RT to your normal 'let me check which spells are active' phase of combat. I also like the idea that a dual wielding paladin could cast one RUE on both their weapons.