Vivisection 01/17/2013 01:18 PM CST
How is Vivisection doing? I recall that it was under-performing a bit, awhile ago. Are the stealth kinks worked out?
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 01:29 PM CST
Still not a big fan of VIV. I actually use SV as my go-to single target TM spell these days.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 03:07 PM CST
Over Strange Arrow?
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 04:40 PM CST
I cant say I am happy with Vivisection, I dont think the ability to hit a target while remaining hidden is worth much in 3.0 considering how many strikes it takes to kill something close to level. I just dont see the the very high min prep and extra slot cost premium worth it. I may be convinced otherwise if a special snipe damage bonus is applied for succeeding the stealth check, however.

Most of my day to day TM work goes to ACS or a non-guild TM scroll.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 05:41 PM CST
Does it teach stealth in 3.0? I tried to get a discussion going on that over in the necro folders but it jumped the tracks pretty early on.
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 05:53 PM CST
Not that I recall, or if it did it was not enough to take notice of. I wont be able to access the game for a couple more hours if someone wants to check against this, for science.

Elusive
Re: Vivisection 01/17/2013 09:51 PM CST
It also had a much more astringent stealth difficulty to pull off compared to poaching/ambushing. I'll probably start going with Acid Splash for my go-to targetted spell, now. It inflicts random types of damage and actually hurts stuff now.
Re: Vivisection 01/18/2013 08:37 AM CST
<< I'll probably start going with Acid Splash for my go-to targetted spell, now. >>

I haven't tried training with acs for awhile since i have usol to play with, but would I still be able to learn from it, if, according to "discern", I have "capped" it?

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Vivisection 01/18/2013 11:10 AM CST
>I haven't tried training with acs for awhile since i have usol to play with, but would I still be able to learn from it, if, according to "discern", I have "capped" it?

TM and Debilitation spells will teach so long as the target is a challenge, more mana will then increase the gains seen.

Elusive
Re: Vivisection 01/18/2013 12:16 PM CST

I'll probably use usol to train with for sheer speed. But ACS is much 'mo betta' than it used to be. Blb will always be awesome, but usually only if I'm sporting a bleeder
Re: Vivisection 01/18/2013 08:56 PM CST
Well, I just retested the spell and am getting massively different results then I was the last time I tested. It does teach a very small amount of Stealth, though over 6 casts I never moved a full mindstate. I did manage to kill stormbulls in 3-4 casts with 38 mana casts, so as it stands Im very happy with it now.

Elusive
Re: Vivisection 01/19/2013 10:34 AM CST
Tried Vivisection again in test since this topic came up, went to malchata and couldn't hit them after about 10 fully targeted casts of vivisection at around 50 mana. Went through the spellbook and had no problems hitting them with any other spells, even with less mana. Min ACS with 10 harnessed mana hit pretty much every time, fully targeted Vivisections missed every time. Over 500 TM / 60 disc with capped IVM.

Was unseen while casting.