Zombie abandoning me 12/20/2012 10:04 PM CST
So, since i've been playing on the test server i've had my zombie randomly disperse. For some reason jumping around on the shards kills the cfb spell even tho the zombie was in storage. Here's a log.

>look
[Paasvadh Forest, Understory]
The cloak of darkness clinging to everything allows the imagination to remake the landscape in the form of its fears. At a quick glance, a pile of broken branches to the south appears to be the decomposing carcass of a beast with splintered bones protruding at odd angles from torn flesh that are only broken boughs and rotting leaves.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, northwest.
>get shar
You get a canary crystal shard from inside your hunter's rucksack.
>rub shard
You rub the shard causing it to glow brightly and then turn red.

>invoke shar

As you focus on the crystal you seem to be drawn into it and everything around you disappears into a red haze.

[The Crossing, Town Green North]
A small path of bent grass leads to a narrow stretch of cobblestones between the grass and the privet hedge that stands before Milgrym the Weaponsmith's. The town's main source of serviceable arms, Milgrym does a good trade and has a solid reputation. The stream of customers, though steady, seems careful not to disturb the usual tranquility of the facing greensward. You also see a shaggy mutt, the town green pond, a public listings board and a pile of crystal shards.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast, south, southwest, west.

You glide north.
[The Crossing, Via Iltesh]
The lane is quite narrow here, with the sides of the Armorer's and Weaponsmith's shops encroaching on the path itself. Their huddling structures and the shady hedges and lunats that form this northern boundary of the Town Green cause slippery moss to grow upon the cobblestones and cast a cool, damp pall over this end of the street.
Obvious paths: north, south.
>n
>n
You glide north.
[The Crossing, Via Iltesh]
This small lane off of Clanthew Boulevard narrows to the south and grows wider as it leads north into the main road, giving it a shape reminiscent of the blade of a huge greatsword. Due south you can see the verdant border of the Town Green and the shops of the Weaponsmith and Armorer. To the northeast is the dome of the Champions' Arena and to the west, the three-story colonnades of the Academy dominate the skyline.
Obvious paths: north, south.
>
You glide north.
[The Crossing, Clanthew Boulevard]
The cobblestones here are grey and flecked with crystals that sparkle as you move along the boulevard. High walls over which loom still higher structures with shuttered, mute windows that face the street and baked tile roofs, indicate you are passing through one of the wealthier residential sections of the Crossing. You also see a small hut with a grey raven perched on the roof and a grand stone archway with a bronze plaque on it.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
>sheath
You sheathe the scimitar in your hunter's rucksack.
>stow shar
You put your shard in your hunter's rucksack.
You glide east.
[The Crossing, Clanthew Boulevard]
Intimidatingly large passersby crowd around you, and you gulp as you notice most of the men and women here of all races tower above their average counterparts. They also tend to dress differently - fully equipped, even in the midst of the city - in leathers, hide and armor, weapons drawn or at the ready over shoulders or at their sides. Carefully you make your way through the throng, since something tells you this would not be a good spot to step on anyone's toes.
>e
You glide east.
[The Crossing, Champions' Square]
Statues of famous barbarians and arena champions form an arcade leading to the arched steel-clad door of the Barbarians' Guild. The building itself is high and massive, and the roof rises into a dome towards the east, covering the Champions' Arena. Through narrow, slit windows you can hear the clang of weapon on shield, and the voice of the trainers barking out instructions to the would-be fighters, gladiators, knights and mercenaries within. You also see a sturdy stone structure.
Obvious paths: north, south, west.
>
You can't go there.
>n
>n
You glide north.
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
>e
You can't go there.
>e
You glide east.
Not far off you spot the town walls, which meet at a right angle in this northeast corner of town. This road is kept busy by the traffic to and from the popular haunts crowded into this sector - the Barbarians' Guild, the Champions' Arena, the Empaths' Guild, Martyr Saedelthorp's Healing Hospital, and the convivial Gaethrend's Court Inn. In addition, the Paladins' Guild farther north, and the gate leading out of town to the Warrior Mages' Guild and the wilds all are accessed through this street.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.
>n
You run east.
This bustling junction presents a cross section of the world's inhabitants in various states of health and disrepair. Bloodied adventurers, impaired healers, overextended spellsingers, and other members of the walking wounded lurch their way towards the Healing Hospital to the west. Litters, carts and horses carry those too badly hurt to move under their own power. In striking contrast are the strapping barbarians who swagger by, towards the Arena and Barbarians' Guild southwest.
Obvious paths: north, south, west.
>n
You run north.
[The Crossing, Boar Alley]
This quaint alley connects Magen Road to the south and Firulf Vista to the north. An ornately carved building with an ancient wooden door is set back from the curb. You would hardly stop and give it a second glance, except that the windows on the second story all seem to glow with soft, pulsating hues that cycle through the colors of the spectrum.
Obvious paths: north, east, south.
>e
You run north.
[The Crossing, Firulf Vista]
The stone town walls seal off the city from the wilds beyond to the north. Still, the scents of damp earth and leaf mold, pine and cedar, and feral creatures drift over the barricade. Directly to the east, within spitting distance, is the Northeast town gate. Through the gap in the wall, you can make out the low rise of the slate hills to the northwest and the lone, aloof tower of the Warrior Mages' Guild to the east.
>e
You run east.
[The Crossing, Firulf Vista]
Utter bedlam confronts you as you step out into this street. This is the point where anyone and everyone who passes through the Northeast Gate either leaving town or arriving must cross paths. You quickly conclude this is no spot to stop and admire the scenery of the regions of the Eastern Tier beyond, nor to study the local architecture around you, since the momentum of the crowd carries you along, almost without your realizing it. You also see a stone stairway.
>
You run east.
[The Crossing, Northeast Customs]
Here stands the Northeast Gate, two massive doors of steel-banded ironwood securely attached to the masonry of the town walls. The traffic here is thick with travelers, and the Customs Officers are alert to any sign of trouble. You also see a winding trail.
Obvious paths: west.
>go gat
[Northeast Wilds, Outside Northeast Gate]
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Above, guardsmen stare down from the thick stone wall that encloses the city, wary for hostile visitors. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see Magical Feat Trainer Ozursus, a hurty thing, a weathered roadsign, a bucket of viscous gloop, the Northeast Gate, a narrow footpath and a crystal table with a crystal shard on it.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast.
>hunt
You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

You were unable to locate any followable tracks.

Roundtime: 8 sec.
R>
The mule-drawn wagon's driver pulls on his reigns, slowing it to a complete stop. He slowly assists his passengers off and begins scanning the crowd for more.
>
The Dwarven driver says, "I'm leaving shortly, returning to the ferry to Riverhaven. If you would like to accompany me for a safe trip there, just join me." The Dwarven driver smiles.
[JOIN MULE-DRAWN WAGON before it leaves if you would like to go to the ferry to Riverhaven.]

>per
You reach out with your senses and see flickering streams of black Necromantic mana oozing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent mana to the southeast, flickering mana to the east, and glowing mana to the north.
You sense the Call from Beyond spell upon you, but can no longer detect its creation.
You sense the Philosopher's Preservation spell upon you, which will last for about fifteen roisaen.
You sense the Ivory Mask spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-three roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You sense your Call from Beyond spell weaken and disperse.
Re: Zombie abandoning me 12/20/2012 10:33 PM CST
I was just about to write this up today, because it's been driving me crazy in Plat. Sometime in the last week the storage room must have been set differently or something.

I had no trouble doing this at the end of last week, but sometime this week things just started vanishing in there. Divult has also been having similar issues.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Zombie abandoning me 12/20/2012 11:44 PM CST
>Divult has also been having similar issues.

That I have, and its only taken a few moments for it to happen as well.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur