Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/26/2012 05:41 PM CST
This spell should ignite Napththa it supposedly deals fire damage and I believe there was a post some time ago on the subject that yielded the addition of it.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/29/2012 05:44 PM CST
Never seen a GM answer on this question I posted a while back, but would it be possible that blood burst ignites naphtha? It seems a pretty clear cut elemental fire spell fused with blood.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/29/2012 08:52 PM CST
>Never seen a GM answer on this question I posted a while back, but would it be possible that blood burst ignites naphtha? It seems a pretty clear cut elemental fire spell fused with blood.

I seem to recall that being asked prior to 3.0 and the response was "it's not fire, though it's fire damage."

I can't find any posts, so I could be wrong.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/29/2012 10:21 PM CST
Check out a post in the 3.0 WM folders, basically every spell doing fire damage is not supposed to ignite Naptha; geyser (the ice/water intro WM TM spell) does fire damage, for example.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/29/2012 10:26 PM CST
Yeah I seen that post, I just see blood burst as a perversion of elemental magic (fire) and all the messaging in it about flames and detonations and such. It would be nice to have at least 1 spell that we could use with naphtha. Just saying.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/29/2012 11:00 PM CST
I agree, it would make sense if it ignited naphtha, and it would be nice if necros could have one avenue to light it up.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 07:15 AM CST
>I agree, it would make sense if it ignited naphtha, and it would be nice if necros could have one avenue to light it up.

Why to both of those. Why does magically enchanted blood missle make sense to start fires (bear in mind DR has limited damage abilities, 'fire' subtype is also 'heat' subtype, so not every spell that does heat damage is fire based), and why do Necros need a way to ignite naphtha? It's a perk, not everyone needs it.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 08:13 AM CST
>I seem to recall that being asked prior to 3.0 and the response was "it's not fire, though it's fire damage."

Pretty sure it was Armifer that said that. I remember that as well.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 09:24 AM CST
It is kinda weird that the Necro shop at the last Guildfest sold the largest-sized naphtha I'm aware of yet they can't light it with anything guild-associated. I'm pretty sure it was there more as a thematic joke, though.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 10:22 AM CST
<<I'm pretty sure it was there more as a thematic joke, though>>

This. coupled with the fact it was called the toggish barbeque, and Klurik <the inquistioner - a gor'tog> was known for burnerating any necros he found <after the axe - the red spiral...> It was sort of a tongue-in-cheek poke at the inquisition. :-)

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 10:31 AM CST
>>This. coupled with the fact it was called the toggish barbeque, and Klurik <the inquistioner - a gor'tog> was known for burnerating any necros he found <after the axe - the red spiral...> It was sort of a tongue-in-cheek poke at the inquisition. :-)

So close, and yet so far...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 12:03 PM CST
>>It would be nice to have at least 1 spell that we could use with naphtha.

Try to cast "throw burning log."
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 12:16 PM CST
>It would be nice to have at least 1 spell that we could use with naphtha.

You're supposed to be good sorcerers. Get a FS scroll or rune. Boom.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 03:10 PM CST
>> You're supposed to be good sorcerers. Get a FS scroll or rune. Boom.

Hmmm. Do necros even get a bonus to sorcery? Besides being able to cast Arcane spells of course.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 03:12 PM CST
>>Do necros even get a bonus to sorcery?

It might have changed, but I recall something about necros having a bonus to sorcery as a whole with the exception of holy magic, which still goes very badly for them.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 08:06 PM CST
>You're supposed to be good sorcerers. Get a FS scroll or rune. Boom.

Always used FS anyways. Plenty of ways to light stuff on fire.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 08:51 PM CST

>>Hmmm. Do necros even get a bonus to sorcery? Besides being able to cast Arcane spells of course.

Reduced chance to do a sorcerous backfire on all mana types except holy. Which just goes boom.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Blood Burst and Naphtha 11/30/2012 10:12 PM CST
Pretty sure that's a feat now, tho, not so much a guild perk anymore.