TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 09:09 AM CST

I'm not sure if the information on Elanthipedia is correct, and I can't go into test since my character hasn't spawned there, but is the cost of TKT really two spell slots?

Is it because of the multi-shot function? If so, do all multi-shot spells cost two slots?

Is it because of the possible "choice" of item(damage type)? Although this isn't really a choice unless you have a cantrip which is quite limited or use slivers which limits your choice to just slivers and is dependent on other spells.

Is it due to the ability to create slivers? But, considering you need other spells to do that, I don't see why the cost would be integrated into TKT.

Not sure if Elanthipedia is correct on the spell slot cost for TKT, but just curious why if it is correct.
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 09:39 AM CST
2 slots is kind of the average for spells now. Feats and really simple spells only cost 1 slot, most everything else costs 2-3.
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 09:42 AM CST
well the wiki is correct as far as the info we have is. In spellbooks, discern, and guildleader descriptions the slot cost is 2. as far as why... that I couldnt tell you but its not the multishot function since fire shard is a 1 slot spell. its always possible that its an oversight since there seem to be issue with out spell listings ig.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 11:52 AM CST
Remember, the number of spell slots you get has gone up dramatically . 1 per circle for primaries until 50th, then every other circle until 100th, then every 3 circles until 150th, then every ten circle. All total for primaries at circle 200 that's 96 slots if I've done my math correct.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 01:11 PM CST
I dont think its a question of not understanding how many spell slots we get. Slot number per spell is figured by how many seperate effects the spell does and they were trying to figure out why its set at two. Every other basic level tm spell is set at 1 even if they are multi strike so its an issue of what else the spell does to warrant the extra slot cost.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 01:44 PM CST
>>Every other basic level tm spell is set at 1 even if they are multi strike so its an issue of what else the spell does to warrant the extra slot cost.

Just as a comparison point, Footman's Strike is a basic single strike TM spell that costs two slots. It wouldn't surprise me if TKT and FS are 2 slot because they have controlled variable damage.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 02:20 PM CST
>>Slot number per spell is figured by how many seperate effects the spell does and they were trying to figure out why its set at two.

It's more of a guideline really. (With apologies to Jack Sparrow.)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 02:24 PM CST
>>It's more of a guideline really.

Everything Ive seen and heard in regards to when they GMs have detailed a spells cost would contradict that notion. If a GM wants to pop in and correct me then Ill go with it.. but otherwise Im pretty sure they have set rules for what the cost of the spells are.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/16/2013 02:38 PM CST
It's both.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TKT Spell Slot Cost Question 01/17/2013 01:44 AM CST
<It wouldn't surprise me if TKT and FS are 2 slot because they have controlled variable damage.>

That's what I figured was probably behind it too, but considering that this has always been sort of a downside to TKT since we arn't able to really choose what item we want to use without some very tedious and annoying preparation with room clutter and other things, I don't like that it makes the spell cost an extra slot for a "penalty." Yes, we can choose 100% of the time with slivers, but that involves other spells, so I don't think the cost should be included in TKT's cost since if you choose not to get those spells, you still would pay for this "feature."

Could we perhaps gain some greater control over the item? Yes, I know that steps on some sect toes, but we can think of something else to replace it, and it isn't even all that useful since it has a timer.