Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 02:59 AM CST
Ok I posted about these a while back and I never got a response on whether there were reasons the way they were... so I figure just in case they got overlooked Ill throw em back out there

-SHM has no pre-reqs. So this spell can be a circle 1 spell that you just need to finish a quest for? Doesnt seem right to me.
-TKS needs Shadowling as a pre-req spell. Why? I get the feeling this is supposed to be TKT.
-Rend needs Shadowling as a pre-req spell. Again why? I dont see how Shadowling fits any theme of spell progression. Its not even in the same book. Also of note it needs a Circle of 5 as a req but you cant even have Shadowling before 10 due to needing MG, which needs Teleport, which needs either PD or WD which have circle reqs of 10.
-Shear needs Riftal Summons and PSY as pre-reqs. RS? That doesnt seem to make sense. Why is an esoteric teleporting spell needed for a mental ward?
-Starlight Sphere is missing the pre-req section entirely.
-IOS has itself as a pre-req.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 03:03 AM CST
Where are you getting these preqs from? Most of those are just wrong.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 03:12 AM CST
Both Spellbooks and the DISCERN verb

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 03:16 AM CST
Kssarh thirds all the weirdness except he for some reason doesnt list IOTS as needing itself as a prereq whereas the spellbook and discern do.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 09:01 AM CST

Yes, I noticed some weird pre-reqs on the Elanthipedia page also. Anyway to get an accurate list of pre-requirements? Some of the pre-reqs kind of lead your character all over the place and force you to get some spells your character might never use and are only slightly related to the ones in which they are a pre-req to.
Re: Oddness in Spell Pre-reqs 01/16/2013 10:54 AM CST
Oh bother.

A bunch of these are artifacts of the way the spell books were changed around and it looks like people changed all the documentation and script comments and stuff with the proper preqs and didn't actually change what spell IDs they were pointing to.

/adds yet another thing to do to his to do.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose