Prev_page Previous 1
Whole Displacement 11/29/2012 07:01 PM CST
Just want to make sure this spell is working as intended.

It's impossible to get to melee on the mage with the spell up, regardless of stun status of the mage. Log below!

You ask, "Tell me how much this affects your mana?"
>face coral
You turn to face Coralin, leaving Katjia on your flank at melee!
>cast
You gesture.
Slow, rich tones form a somber introduction as you begin to sing the "Aether Wolves" enchante.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
Coralin is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
>
The clear notes of your enchante define a drifting melody that easily soars into the higher reaches of your range.
>stance custom

You are now set to use your custom stance:

Attack : 100%
Evade : 100%
Parry : 0%
Block : 95%

>
You feel fully rested.
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

Katjia (immobile and solidly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.

(You are also defending against Katjia.)
>
Coralin says, "It's not."
>'Oh that disengages youl.
You say, "Oh that disengages youl."
>face coral
You turn to face Coralin.
>
Spiraling down the drifting notes of "Aether Wolves" to a mere whisper, you stop, allowing them to linger only moments upon the air before erupting into a rapid, blaring rendition of the same music once more.
>l
[Northeast Wilds, Outside Northeast Gate]
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Above, guardsmen stare down from the thick stone wall that encloses the city, wary for hostile visitors. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see a pool of black shadows, a tan gerbil that is sleeping, Magical Feat Trainer Ozursus, a crystal table with a crystal shard on it, a narrow footpath, the Northeast Gate, a bucket of viscous gloop, a weathered roadsign, a hurty thing and a cambrinth ring.
Also here: Master of Fate Coralin and Petal of the Rose Katjia.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast.
>
Coralin is engulfed in a ripple of light and shadow, and vanishes, only to reappear some distance away!
>face coral
>
Coralin says, "Lost 10%."
>
>face coral
>lau
You laugh!
>
A descending scale preceeds a return to an earlier theme, and you find yourself slowing as a distinctly lighter tone colors your singing.
>'That is tricksy
You say, "That is tricksy."
>'Whatever you're doing
You say, "Whatever you're doing."
>
>
Coralin says, "Whole Displacement."
>face coral
>
Coralin grins.
>'Awesome
You say, "Awesome."
>l
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Above, guardsmen stare down from the thick stone wall that encloses the city, wary for hostile visitors. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see a pool of black shadows, a tan gerbil that is sleeping, Magical Feat Trainer Ozursus, a crystal table with a crystal shard on it, a narrow footpath, the Northeast Gate, a bucket of viscous gloop, a weathered roadsign, a hurty thing and a cambrinth ring.
>
>face coral
>
>'I hate it
You say, "I hate it."
>
Coralin says, "No stun, twice the fun."
>
>face coral
>
Coralin snickers.
>'I hate that spell
You say, "I hate that spell."
>
Two deep ebony slivers drift away from Coralin and disappear into the air.
>'OMG
You say, "OMG."
>'so annoying
The black shadows fade somewhat.
>
You say, "So annoying."
>
>
Coralin says, "It has a really short duration now."
>'Is my spell even hitting you?
You ask, "Is my spell even hitting you?"
>
Coralin says, "Sometimes."
>chuck
You chuckle.
>l
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Above, guardsmen stare down from the thick stone wall that encloses the city, wary for hostile visitors. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see a pool of grey shadows, a tan gerbil that is sleeping, Magical Feat Trainer Ozursus, a crystal table with a crystal shard on it, a narrow footpath, the Northeast Gate, a bucket of viscous gloop, a weathered roadsign, a hurty thing and a cambrinth ring.
>'ridiculous
You say, "Ridiculous."
>
Katjia assumes a meditative stance, concentrating on something.
You're able to decipher telltale signs of the Paralysis spell.
Katjia begins to focus intently on you!
>release
You aren't harnessing any mana.
You aren't preparing a spell.
The final tones of your enchante end with an abrupt flourish that leaves stark silence in its wake.
>flail
You flail your arms about.
>
Coralin says, "The best part is the room messaging when I walk around."
>
Coralin vanishes in a ripple of light and shadow.
>
Coralin appears in a ripple of light and shadow.
>lau
You laugh!
>
Coralin snickers.
>l
You are before the Northeast Gate of the Crossing, surrounded by wayfarers and adventurers also in mid-journey. Above, guardsmen stare down from the thick stone wall that encloses the city, wary for hostile visitors. Whether they travel to destinations in town or farther west, or to the north and east, they all appear to be seeking something beyond themselves. You also see a pool of grey shadows, a tan gerbil that is sleeping, Magical Feat Trainer Ozursus, a crystal table with a crystal shard on it, a narrow footpath, the Northeast Gate, a bucket of viscous gloop, a weathered roadsign, a hurty thing and a cambrinth ring.
>
Katjia retreats from you.
>
Katjia retreats from you.
>'What!
You exclaim, "What!"
>
Petal of the Rose Katjia went through the Northeast Gate.
>
Petal of the Rose Katjia came through the Northeast Gate.
>
Coralin exclaims, "Awesome, right?!"
>
Katjia assesses her combat situation.
>'I call shenanigans, I can't tell which direction you went!
You exclaim, "I call shenanigans, I can't tell which direction you went!"
>
Coralin says, "I KNOW."
>
Coralin grins.
>'Broke
You say, "Broke."
>mutter
You mutter to yourself.
>
>per
You reach out with your senses and hear shining streams of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense brilliant mana to the southeast, radiant mana to the east, and brilliant mana to the north.
You feel a supreme manifestation of Redeemer's Pride upon you, which should last for about thirty-two roisaen.
>
Katjia begins to advance on you!
Katjia is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
Katjia sighs.
>
Katjia closes to pole weapon range on you!
>'Wait, so that's a duration spell?
You ask, "Wait, so that's a duration spell?"
>
Katjia closes to melee range on you!
>
Coralin says, "Yeah."
>mutter
You mutter to yourself.
>adv coral
You begin to advance on Coralin.
>
>l
>
Also here: Master of Fate Coralin.
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

>
Coralin says, "I'm getting like 7 roisaen max."
>adv coral
>
>
>
>
>'Is it... impossible to get to melee?
You ask, "Is it... impossible to get to melee?"
>
>
Coralin says, "So it's short like Seal of Deflection."
>
>
Coralin says, "No."
>
>adv coral
>
>'Seems like it
You say, "Seems like it."
>
Coralin says, "Germish'din were getting there."
>adv coral
>lau
You laugh!
>
Coralin says, "But they advance straight to melee."
>
>
Coralin ponders.
>'Yeah
You say, "Yeah."
>'I can't get to melee at all
You say, "I can't get to melee at all."
>adv coral
>
>
Coralin says, "Sucks to be you."
>
A petite bluebird lifts its head and nuzzles Katjia's ear before warbling a heart-rending melody.
>
Coralin grins.
>'What if I stun you first?
You ask, "What if I stun you first?"
>prep der
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You trace a curving sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Demrris' Resolve spell.
>
Coralin says, "Might work."
>charge orb 100
You harness an immense amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth orb.
You are able to channel all the energy into the orb.
The cambrinth orb resists, only absorbing part of the energy while the rest dissipates harmlessly.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
Coralin says, "Go for it."
>foc orb
>
You focus your magical senses on a polished cambrinth orb inlaid with a platinum thirteen-point star.
The cambrinth orb pulses brightly with Elemental energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying it for your use.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>l
Also here: Master of Fate Coralin.
>
Coralin says, "I have one roisaen left."
>adv coral
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast
Keeping your voice low, you begin to weave together a string of verses in a complex framework.
Your cambrinth orb emits a loud snap as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a moderate amount left for future use.

Your singing builds to a fierce crescendo, and you feel the power of your spell grow as if tethered behind the confining walls of a dam. Suddenly, the magic explodes away from you, forming concentric rings that sweep through the area like the fading ripples in a pond.
Coralin falls down, cowering fearfully.
Your actions quickly stir up a ruckus around you, as annoyed citizens quickly move out of the way. One mentions to his friend that he's off to report you for disturbing the peace.
>
>
>
>
You feel fully rested.
>'Nope
You say, "Nope."
>'Hmm
You say, "Hmm."
>
>scratch leil
You scratch your head.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Whole Displacement 11/29/2012 07:04 PM CST
It's suppose to gradually weaken over time to the point where despite having duration left it does nothing for the mage, requiring them to recast it.
Re: Whole Displacement 11/29/2012 07:06 PM CST
I can look at rejiggering the weakening element, but yeah, it's supposed to be pulsing fast enough to keep the Moonie out of melee range for awhile, then gradually become less and less reliable.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Whole Displacement 11/29/2012 07:08 PM CST
Fair enough, guess it's ranged on MM's FTW :P

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 11/29/2012 09:03 PM CST
Ugh, actually now that I think about it, could you please add in some sort of skill/stat check to determine if we can at least remain Facing to the Moon Mage after he/she zaps back to missile range?

Since cyclics are moving to an engagement-range-only model and will no longer be true AOE, it would be nice not to have to spam FACE MOONMAGE every 2 seconds :P

Thanks for your consideration.

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 11/30/2012 01:27 PM CST
I can't believe I'm going to say this since I play my moonmage the most of all my characters. But I dont mind if whole displacement is tweaked. One of the great visions of 3.0 was a game so that anyone could play any type of character and be competitive. As written, whole displacement really makes a ranged weapon necessary. The only other solution I see is to have an attack that lets people charge into melee faster but with some sort of attack penalty or to have the spell not pulse quite as often.

Apologies to the moonmages.
Re: Whole Displacement 11/30/2012 01:37 PM CST
Ill be honest that I was a bit surprised by that as well. I really like the new wd and its definitely on my list but not bein able to face I can see being a major problem. Id rather it get fixed now then see the crazy that will hit if it goes to prime and then the resulting nerf. At least remove the facing teleport. Advancing is fine since thats the point of the spell. But if you cant face them to even start advancing to wear down the speed of the teleports then I think theres a problem. Btw I friggin love that it teleports you between rooms as you walk. Very neat easter egg.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Whole Displacement 11/30/2012 07:04 PM CST
>>As written, whole displacement really makes a ranged weapon necessary.

Or some anti-magic.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/01/2012 03:02 AM CST
>>Or some anti-magic.

Yup, dispel would have done the trick.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/01/2012 11:18 AM CST
Does it work if they are stunned? I think that be a bit OP if it did:)
Re: Whole Displacement 12/01/2012 12:56 PM CST
>>Does it work if they are stunned?

Good question. Coralin was able to zap back to missile range and disengaged while she was immobile but I'm not sure about stunned. I suggest you try to fight a moon mage that is using this spell to test :)

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 12/01/2012 01:25 PM CST
Stun does not affect WD's function.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 04:19 PM CST

So this spell aparently negates melee entirely without any checks what so ever? Circle 20 moon mage casts this and a 150 paladin or barbarian can never close melee range to use their melee.

Wasnt 3.0 supposed to make Melee more viable to ranged? This spell utterly shuts down melee without any checks, breaks facing, and does so rapidly that you cant even hope to get into range to charge them. If I halt or stun them, they just teleport back anyways. I have no tool to attack a Moonie with this spell up but resorting to TM or Ranged combat myself. One spell has negated, without checks, any amount of skills and stats.

Sorry but this just seems utterly broken, unless I'm missing something really massive. There should be some checks into making this successful, or else this is an instant win card, Moonies will always be able to dictate range against an opponent and force ranged combat, never have to deal with the retreat penalties that Kodius put in place.

In short this seems to basically ignore the entire meta that 3.0 combat is trying to put into place. Certainly this is some massive oversight and a check was intended to be put in here?
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 04:32 PM CST
> Circle 20 moon mage casts this and a 150 paladin or barbarian can never close melee range to use their melee.

There's a delay between pulses, and every time it fires, the delay gets longer. So just make sure to face them again after every teleport, and pretty soon the teleports will be infrequent enough that you'll have plenty of time to close.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 04:38 PM CST
After like, a super long time? By the time its slows enough to when I can charge, accounting for lag (i think it starts around 3-4 second pulses) they can just recast it cheaply and maintain range superiority.

I would welcome testing this on test with someone to put actual numbers up. In any case, nothing should be happening without some check, weather thats tactics or a attribute contest. The current method is basically just happening in its own world while the aggressor waits it out. Comparing this to the anti 'magic' wards, that is not the case; you can overpower wards, or nickle and dime them down. Whole Displacement does not care who is aggresing it, what you do against the caster (immobilize, stun, etc); it simply behaves in a manner that shuts down melee entirely.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 04:54 PM CST
Ill be able to jump in test in an hour or so and I can do some tests with you if ya want. I love the spell but I did notice that it breaks facing which I think may be a bit much. Cant get to melee? Sure thats the point but not disengaging completely every pulse.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 05:00 PM CST
I should be on in an hour. If not chat me at vermillionn@gmail.com and I'll hop on.

Generally I feel a stat contest should exist, even if its weighted in favor of the MM. The situation that a 20th MM can smirk at a 150th barbarian trying to advance on him seems strange and not apparent anywhere else in the magic system.

The facing break is much regardless, and maybe its removal would curb some of the effects we are seeing. Right now it pulses, there is 1-2 seconds of human reaction time, a half second of lag to restart your advance. Regardless though..there should be SOME contest to see how successful this spell is. I imagine a XXX vs Reflex contest personally, which effects how long it takes for your next pulse (in addition to its normal decay) presenting the ability for the aggressor to anticipate your movement.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 05:46 PM CST
Leilond and I already did a bunch of testing and they're aware of the situation. It's been tweaked somewhat and they're keep their eyes on it. At this point, I'd rather it just not work at all against PCs, but keep it's potency against critters.

-Coralin
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 05:49 PM CST
>>The facing break is much regardless, and maybe its removal would curb some of the effects we are seeing. Right now it pulses, there is 1-2 seconds of human reaction time, a half second of lag to restart your advance. Regardless though..there should be SOME contest to see how successful this spell is. I imagine a XXX vs Reflex contest personally, which effects how long it takes for your next pulse (in addition to its normal decay) presenting the ability for the aggressor to anticipate your movement.

This basically.

I actually went ahead and made some Genie triggers to accommodate for this craziness(basically anyone I FACE now will re-autoface them the moment Whole Displacement zaps them back and destroys the engagement), but I don't think someone should have to resort to using triggers just to get their engagement-range cyclics to work on an opponent. And before anyone asks, CAST AREA was removed for most of the debillitating cyclics so that's not an option.

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 07:19 PM CST
I'de be ok with the stun being added back in if it helped to balance some of these "issues" out. I use WD all the time, and the only annoyance from the stun for me is losing spell preps or it triggering Contingency. If those things could be made not to trigger on a WD "jump," I think that'de be good enough.

I kind of prefer the old version to the new version. Playing in the test instant, WD quickly became useless when up against more than one creature as the timer quickly racked up. I have to care more about getting engaged with the new version than I did with the old version where I could sit back more with my SLS killing stuff with PD and Burn thrown in for support. Can't really do that anymore.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 09:34 PM CST
>>Leilond and I already did a bunch of testing and they're aware of the situation. It's been tweaked somewhat and they're keep their eyes on it. At this point, I'd rather it just not work at all against PCs, but keep it's potency against critters.

While that would resolve it, I think it be a great tool for Moonies and makes sense for them even in PvP, just not as is.

Since they seem to be aware of it and are working on it(?) then I'm pretty content.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/24/2012 10:23 PM CST
>>So this spell aparently negates melee entirely without any checks what so ever? Circle 20 moon mage casts this and a 150 paladin or barbarian can never close melee range to use their melee.

It's supposed to have depreciating returns that don't reset until the person is out of combat, but doesn't seem to be happening like it should be. I wouldn't freak out over it.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 12:01 PM CST
Do not take away WD from pvp use as a fix please. All for returning pulses to work as they should.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 12:49 PM CST
>>Sorry but this just seems utterly broken, unless I'm missing something really massive.

Quit tryin' to nerf me! I love WD with the no-stun. It sounds like it's not done being balanced, effectiveness-wise, but I hope they don't go too far with it. I don't think it's meant to be a "ha ha I am at missle killing you all day while you can't advance on me" spell; more like a "oh snap gotta get out of range for a second to rebuff/heal/run away" sort of spell (I love that it also hides which direction you run). Mostly I think it's just fine. And PLEASE don't take away the PvP use.

>>this spell aparently negates melee entirely without any checks what so ever

You could always check it against a dispel ability. Just sayin'.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 01:00 PM CST
>>You could always check it against a dispel ability. Just sayin'.

I'm sorry but this logic does not apply. Unless you're fine with me conversly having a spell which locks you at melee range with no skill check, and you have to use a dispel against me to break the effect.

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 01:04 PM CST

>>Unless you're fine with me conversly having a spell which locks you at melee range with no skill check, and you have to use a dispel against me to break the effect.

I thought paladins were getting one of those?

And I'm fine with it.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 01:05 PM CST
>>I thought paladins were getting one of those?

Yes, it has a stat contest. Key difference here :P

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 01:35 PM CST
I think if it just didnt break engagement on a pulse then it would be fine. The whole point of the spell is to do exactly what its doing. Keeping the mage away from enemies. Its just that you have to keep facing the target and restarting the advance that I think need to be looked at.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 02:24 PM CST
>>or much faster decay (or better scale? I didn't notice much difference between low and capes mana)

I could have sworn I read about earlier bug reports where the decay was really just not happening. So it's not an issue of faster decay as much as functioning decay.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 02:40 PM CST
while as Ive stated I think it should be tweaked a bit on a couple points I still dont think it should have a check to it. I mean I can hit retreat and do the same thing (although yes there is a penalty there). There arent skill checks to advance on someone. The mage is teleporting all over the place... i dont see how a skill or stat check even makes sense. Ive got such high agility that I can sprint faster than your teleport? Ive got such great intellect that I can convince you to teleport into me? I know you guys are talking mechanics but at the same time adding in checks really doesnt make a ton of sense.

Take away the breaking combat issue. And make it so that when you start getting advanced on that it keeps you in missile range and it doesnt stop the advance. After that it should be up to the advancer to either use missle, a dispel, or keep advancing so the spell gives out. I think the whole issue of it taking the mage out of combat is resetting the pulse timer which makes it seem a lot stronger than it is.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 03:50 PM CST
<<i dont see how a skill or stat check even makes sense.>>

Well, a perfect check would be a significant offensive penalty to the mage for a short time after the teleport. This would represent the confusion of the mage ending up in a random location and trying to re-find their bearings.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 03:51 PM CST
I'm pretty sure retreating has a contest as you can fail to retreat when unbalanced, encumbered, etc. Retreating also generates an offensive stacking penalty.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 03:51 PM CST
>>Well, a perfect check would be a significant offensive penalty to the mage for a short time after the teleport. This would represent the confusion of the mage ending up in a random location and trying to re-find their bearings.

Not a bad idea.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 04:35 PM CST
>>Well, a perfect check would be a significant offensive penalty to the mage for a short time after the teleport. This would represent the confusion of the mage ending up in a random location and trying to re-find their bearings.

But how would this keep the spell viable? If it has no difference to the retreat command then why bother? Youre trying to rationalize a way to make a spell not seem over powered by removing the entire point of the spell.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 04:43 PM CST
Well a few things, these are not additive suggestions, but i think everyone agrees it should not break engagement (i.e facing) like it does now)

A) The offense penalty could be lessened but similar to retreating
B) There could be a contest on the teleport, which dictates how quickly the next teleport occurs

I feel the core issue though is engagement as a system is rather slim. There are no real engagement or disengagement speeds, which would make a spell like this work better. I.E if I could engage at X distance a second, and you could disengage at Y distance a second, but whole displacement moves you back Z distance with every pulse, than that would work really well.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 05:32 PM CST
I agree if the system was a bit deeper than the spell could be done far better. Id be very leary of a penalty though on it. I think that really cuts through the main point of the spell, which is to hang back in combat. If Im getting penalized when I port back then it makes it worthless as a combat hang back. Id like to see them fix the engagement issue first before going any further into gutting the spell. I seriously think that its resetting the port frequency since it stops the attacker from advancing. I get the feeling that as soon as the person attacking can just hit advance mage and not have to keep advancing and facing it will eat through the speed of the spell a lot faster.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 05:41 PM CST
That seems reasonable. We will have to test it after any changes though.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/25/2012 08:14 PM CST
My biggest concern, in general, about tweaking individual spells is that it may disrupt the entire balance of the guild as a whole. I just hope that the balance of the guild as a whole is being looked at in addition to zooming in to specific spells. I've just seen that this is a problem in many scenarios and across many disciplines.
Re: Whole Displacement 12/26/2012 03:15 AM CST
FYI, the Empath engagement-avoidance spell is on a stat contest.

Basteht gestures.
Tapering ribbons of soft yellow extend across the area, pausing to dance in swirls and eddies.
> adv bast
Basteht ponders.
>
You feel uneasy and cautious about approaching Basteht, but the sensation soon passes, leaving you only a tiny lingering sense of guilt.
You begin to advance on Basteht.

I suggest Whole Displacement go to a similar stat contest model. The fail message could go something like, "Soandso predicts where you end up and remains at X range!"

~ Leilond
Re: Whole Displacement 12/26/2012 03:40 AM CST
Inclined to agree. The empath spell serves the same purpose I feel, preventing people from engaging you. Whole Displacements ignoring of your enemies capabilities frankly feels like a DR 1.0 design philosophy. I understand there are RP justifications for there to not be a stat contest, but I feel its pretty unbalancing, more so when compared against an almost exactly similar ability.

Whole Displacement: Basic Spell. No Stat contest. Have to keep advancing on someone till it dies.
Innocence: Basic Spell. Stat contest. Once you beat it, i believe you can whoop them into non existence.

I feel this is more problematic than simply being a Moonie Issue since scrolls will make spells generally more available between guilds, and if WD works as is and appears on scrolls, i can see it becoming THE spell of 3.0 PvP, which will more or less mean you can wave goodbye to any wishes of making melee PvP more viable.
Prev_page Previous 1