Tactics Concern 01/18/2013 06:07 PM CST

Well, it might be too late in the process to bring this up as a concern, but after just having seen my character converted over into 3.0 in the test version, I saw that Tactics became my 1st Lore in regards to circling. I was wondering if it wasn't possible to have Tactics be like Parry or some of the other skills which can't be counted as Nth Skill?

I say this simply because suddenly I'll have a skill which is only trainable at melee(Is this correct?) or through classes as my top lore, and I never use the melee system in DR with my character. I already have evasion as one of my top survival skills through lessons and that's been the biggest pain in circling for me since all my other melee skills are so far beneath it. I would hate to now have another one on top of that. I know we were given lots of time to prepare and bring other skills up to par to avoid any of these possible issues, but I just came back to DR and didn't have that luxury.

In the end, it is not too bad because my second lore isn't too terribly far behind it, but I would eventually like to see it drop off my Nth Skill list which will take some back-training. :(

Sorry if this has been asked and discussed before.
Re: Tactics Concern 01/18/2013 06:35 PM CST
>I never use the melee system in DR with my character. I already have evasion as one of my top survival skills through lessons

Uh, couldn't you just...stop listening to classes? And start using the 'melee' system in DR to learn your skills in a natural manner? I'm not being snarky. I'm just saying, you're using a convoluted solution to something that technically has a simple solution?

Though I'd agree with not having a potential combat skill grandfathered up into your lores unless you want it there.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Tactics Concern 01/18/2013 06:35 PM CST
>>I was wondering if it wasn't possible to have Tactics be like Parry or some of the other skills which can't be counted as Nth Skill?

They aren't going to screw over the hundreds of people planning to use Tactics as one of their Nth highest Lore skills, just because one person doesn't want to train it. I think you're probably stuck backtraining another lore skill

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: Tactics Concern 01/18/2013 06:41 PM CST

Of course they wouldn't do it for one person. The point I was mainly trying to make, though inadequately, was as the first response made: "Though I'd agree with not having a potential combat skill grandfathered up into your lores unless you want it there."