Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 03:01 AM CST
While browsing the Elanthipedia I noticed this quote about the 3.0 changes: "In addition, non-Necromancers suffer Social Corruption instead of Social Outrage, primarily through wearing of especially special necromancer-related items. "

I am not a Necromancer, but I wear a slender blued steel blade, which is from the necromancer guildfest tent. This item is hidden, no player will ever see it actually on me. Will I be accruing social corruption by wearing this item, and is it something that is going to make continued use of this item difficult for me?

Thank you for any help and insight you can give!
Re: Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 03:07 AM CST
The items that cause this give messaging when you pick them up, as far as I know.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 03:19 AM CST
That is comforting. I like the idea of knowing so that I can make the choice of whether or not to do it.
Re: Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 06:03 AM CST
Dont get caught playin with the bad Sorcery either... I got enough of it in Test to get arrested every time I attempted to buy anything. It was fairly annoying. As far as items Ive only seen it off the stuff from an invasion a little while back and it does message you when picked up.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 07:18 AM CST
Also: display of the item is irrelevant. If you have on a SC causing item, it doesn't matter wether you also have on an inventory hiding item, you will still get SC if the item causes it. DRs parser isn't that smart, after all.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Non-Necromancer Social Corruption 3.0 Question 01/15/2013 11:19 AM CST
Not sure why this is listed as a 3.0 change, it's been live in the game for a couple of years.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose