Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:18 AM CST
>>Also with no way to train up to 99 in a single command,

Man would I love to have a STUDY 5 that trains a stat 5 times (or any other number entered). Im not looking forward to the 70-100 times (most of my stats are jumping 20-30 points without respec and 50 or so with.. 2 STUDYs per point) Ill have to hit STUDY per stat once 3.0 hits.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:25 AM CST

>>It took me at least 4 respecs on the test server before I got my stats to look like how I wanted them. It's not like there is any way to plan out your stats beforehand, so a couple times I screwed myself over by not leaving enough to train my final stat. Also with no way to train up to 99 in a single command, a couple times I accidentally overtrained past 99 and would've wasted a ton of TDPs (especially the time I went up to 120)

This is one reason in a major way. While I won't be training up to 99 in anything, I will be training to 45 in one stat which is big enough.. Bleh. Please don't make me have to script it because I have no second chance; if you do, I believe human error is going to hurt people.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:30 AM CST

OOOOR, if you have time to build a fast mechanic. Something that bypasses the train study silliness with a CONFIRM window so I can set all my stats, I'd be more inclined to say to hell with the experimentation factor.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:31 AM CST
Use TDP PLAN?

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:33 AM CST

<< Use TDP PLAN?

If We could use TDP plan to actually purchase. That would be perfect.

Until Apu posted it, I had a big fear that I couldn't put into words about why it would be A Bad Thing if the second respec goes bye bye but now I realize that is exactly it.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:56 AM CST
Hmm.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 02:07 AM CST
K you can now TRAIN ###.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 02:23 AM CST

Dude. That is awesome.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 02:33 AM CST
>>Dude. That is awesome.
Extremely, this change is right up there with hugging a favor orb with how great it is.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 04:56 AM CST
How about a micro tran? I pay simu $50.00 and some GM comes down and converts my bonus pools to the skills I choose? Or mabye sells me a one time level 100 rpa award for 24 hours or until exp bonus = zero, which ever is shorter.

I am a rule player as much or more than a role player. Just my mind set.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 07:19 AM CST
>How about a micro tran? I pay simu $50.00 and some GM comes down and converts my bonus pools to the skills I choose? Or mabye sells me a one time level 100 rpa award for 24 hours or until exp bonus = zero, which ever is shorter.

Probably right after they let me buy a Magdar clone for 10$. Because that's just as reasonable.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 11:29 AM CST

By the way. What happens to those tdps some of us spent on spell slots back in the day? Recalculated and recovered?
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 11:33 AM CST
>>By the way. What happens to those tdps some of us spent on spell slots back in the day? Recalculated and recovered?

The TDPs you are granted looks at the number of skills you have and the number of circles you gained and calculates your total based on that minus the amount you've already spent on stats IF you rolled a perfect character out of the gen.

So anything like having terrible stats when you first rolled up your guy in 1998 or spent tons of tdps on spells or extra slots or etc is resolved.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 11:33 AM CST
> By the way. What happens to those tdps some of us spent on spell slots back in the day? Recalculated and recovered?

Recovered automatically as part of the new tdp calculations.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 12:01 PM CST

I assumed as much based on it being recalculated, but figured I would ask.

Thanks.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:19 PM CST
<<So anything like having terrible stats when you first rolled up your guy in 1998 or spent tons of tdps on spells or extra slots or etc is resolved.>>

Actually, that is false. There might be people who will have to be adjusted manually. Just as my character that was a "vault" character rolled up in plat when it first started <1999> just to keep the name - had to be. This was before you could get perfect rolls in the character manager. So he had some pretty wierd stats, as I'd overtrained him in agility, and he had some stats that were under the minimum roll now possible to roll for a s'kra <i.e today s'kra cannot be rolled with under 12 in strength, etc.>

Also - there is an additional bug that people should be aware of if they have any characters in their possession that Have town debt, and they respec that char. The respec trainers are otherwise free. HOWEVER, the bug comes in that IF they already have town debt <for any reason - either citizen debt,jail debt, "newbie" debt, whatever>, the Trainers WILL charge the fee to retrain their stats. Unlike the advertised "free to train", and the messaging in-game that it is supposed to be "free to train". As far as I've seen in test, this hasn't been fixed. Again, this only occurs when they already have debt to that province.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:29 PM CST
>>There might be people who will have to be adjusted manually.

See this is what I want to confirm one way or another. Is the game taking into account if the TDPs spent equal any TPDs that were used to get stats that werent at racial mins? Im sure its not a ton but thats still (ballparking) around 5-8 stat points worth of TDPs for my character at least.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:38 PM CST
>>Just as my character that was a "vault" character rolled up in plat when it first started <1999> just to keep the name - had to be. This was before you could get perfect rolls in the character manager. So he had some pretty wierd stats, as I'd overtrained him in agility, and he had some stats that were under the minimum roll now possible to roll for a s'kra <i.e today s'kra cannot be rolled with under 12 in strength, etc.>

Then you type respec and all is well, because it resets your stats to normal stats. The vault characters that aren't even used will be saved, if they don't automatically have their stats adjusted and/or credited extra tdps for being under racial minimums.

>>See this is what I want to confirm one way or another. Is the game taking into account if the TDPs spent equal any TPDs that were used to get stats that werent at racial mins? Im sure its not a ton but thats still (ballparking) around 5-8 stat points worth of TDPs for my character at least.

This isn't how the TDP calculations work.

It looks at your skills and circle, goes "based on your circle and skills, you have exactly X TDPs," then looks at your race and stats, goes "based on your race and stats, you have spent exactly Y TPDs," and subtracts Y from X.

If your Human character somehow farted out of the character generator with 1 in each stat instead of 10, and now after hard work and circling you finally got each stat to 10, it will look at your skills/circles, realize you earned X TDPs, notice that based on where Humans should start stat wise you would need to spend 0 TPDs to get there, and you'll have all those TDPs to spend just like you would have if you didn't take the worst rolled character ever out of the character generator.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:39 PM CST
> There might be people who will have to be adjusted manually.

This is only in the extremely edge case of someone who had stats below the racial mins. Apart from that, everyone gets refunded any tdps they lost because they didn't get a perfect roll.

I started my main in 2000, and he didn't get a perfect roll. Yesterday I logged him into Test and calculated his tdps manually. He did get back all the tdps he was supposed to.
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:46 PM CST
>>He did get back all the tdps he was supposed to.

I figured this was what would happen. Good to know.

Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 01:56 PM CST
<<Then you type respec and all is well,>>

like I said. I had already done that. all was NOT well. i had to have him adjusted Manually by Socharis.

It did not work as you hypothosize.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 02:00 PM CST
>>like I said. I had already done that. all was NOT well. i had to have him adjusted Manually by Socharis.

I would be greatly surprised that, after fixing something that happened once, Socharis didn't put in a fix to make sure it didn't happen again.

>>It did not work as you hypothosize.

It works exactly how I said it works. If the exception are the mule characters rolled up before date X that are never touched, then I'll concede that they will need to be fixed in specific situations, but given that they're mule characters that don't even have above their base racial stats, I doubt this will become an issue.

Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 03:14 PM CST
I haven't done any manual TDP adjustments to anybody - The TDP system is entirely self-healing, so if anything was wrong and it got fixed, it was before the mechanics around it got fixed. In the case above, the training was taking the wrong number of TDPs, and when I fixed the calculations, entering TDP recalculated exactly how many TDPs the character should have had.

--

Re: Respec Question 01/15/2013 07:45 PM CST
There was also a point that togs got extra TDPs when they were "balanced" just pointing it out, not adding anything to the discussion really.

- Buuwl
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page