RUE, Resonance, Ignite and appraisals 01/10/2013 02:03 AM CST
I made some back-end changes to weapon bonus effects that are used by Rutilor's Edge, Resonance, and Ignite. There are now global caps in place to keep any of these bonus effects from getting out of control high. The weapon bonus effects can now handle multiple types on the same weapon but only take the highest into account. I don't think there's any way to actually do this, but it's there for future use.

Also, weapon appraisal was updated to use these new mechs, the only noticeable difference should be that swappable weapons should show 'close' to the right appraisals, including these effects, for all versions of the weapon when using 'careful'. I say close, because in some cases actually swapping the weapon changes the bonuses, but usually not much.

Please let me know if you see anything weird with weapon appraisals, or if your weapon bonusing spell doesn't seem to be adding the kind of oomph you are used to.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: RUE, Resonance, Ignite and appraisals 01/10/2013 02:16 AM CST
>Also, weapon appraisal was updated to use these new mechs, the only noticeable difference should be that swappable weapons should show 'close' to the right appraisals, including these effects, for all versions of the weapon when using 'careful'. I say close, because in some cases actually swapping the weapon changes the bonuses, but usually not much.

I'm confused by what you mean by this.

Is that because on say HE it'll give x bonus to both sides since it's HE, and when you swap it to say 2HE, it gives a different bonus because it's 2HE?

Can you give a comment on how far off it might be? One category? 2?

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: RUE, Resonance, Ignite and appraisals 01/10/2013 02:45 AM CST
>>Can you give a comment on how far off it might be? One category? 2?

Well, given my experience with the bonuses of RUE and Ignite, I'd say it would be at most 1 category off, and really very likely to not be off by any discernible degree. From the looks of Resonance, it doesn't change at all during swapping, so it should be spot on all the time, unless I'm missing something with it.

One other fringe case will be with RUE and a weapon that when swapped has different highest damage type. In this case there would be 2 damage types very likely to both be off by 1 category. This difference would only be on the weapon type(s) that the weapon wasn't currently swapped to.

Previously, appraise careful didn't take into account any of these bonus effects, nor did they take into account any of the bonusing effects in M2.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: RUE, Resonance, Ignite and appraisals 01/10/2013 09:20 AM CST
Resonance still needs to be updated to play nice with swapping since it enhances the highest stats on a weapon so if (for example) you took an edged weapon that could swap to a blunt weapon swapping it result in different stats being enhanced.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose