Bone Carving 01/01/2013 02:24 PM CST
Hey everyone. A few parts of the Bone Carving system are now live in TEST.

The crafting halls in Riverhaven and Crossings now sell bonesaws and bleaching solution. The solution works just like tanning lotion, as does the process of skinning, scraping and bleaching bones into bone stacks. Stacks should work identically to leather for most things.

Currently the books have accessories, some weapons and a pair of furniture items for crafting. Still working on the containers (along with leather's containers), images and armor. Hopefully those will be done in a few weeks.

Please let me know if you see any issues. Eager to get past this so I can do a round of new crafting halls, then move onto alchemy/enchanting.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Bone Carving 01/01/2013 02:40 PM CST
<Kodius says, BONESAWS REAAADY!

Interesting, as a necromancer I've thought about taking carving up as my second career and haven't really ever checked it out. I guess now would be a good time.

But yes, hopefully everything is all good so you can move onto alchemy :)
Re: Bone Carving 01/01/2013 02:54 PM CST
Small bug:

>rub bone with sol
You cannot do that while engaged!
You rub some bleaching solution with some cleaned goblin bones.

It doesn't seem to be actually applying the solution, just messaging.
Re: Bone Carving 01/01/2013 03:03 PM CST
Typo:

>pour solution on bone
You pour an addtional dose of pungent solution onto the bones and slosh it back and forth to hasten the bleaching process.
Re: Bone Carving 01/01/2013 03:17 PM CST
A few more typos:

>carve stack with my bonesaw

Back and forth you saw an iron bonesaw across the ring's bones. A few areas could be improved, but overall the work meets your expectations.

When you have finished working, you balance the ring and determine they are uneven.

Should be "it".

>scrape my ring with my rasp

You scrape away at an unfinished goblin-bone toe ring with the rasp using long, slow strokes. Upon completing you find the ring is now level again.

Probably should be "completion", or maybe "completing your work", or something like that.
Re: Bone Carving 01/01/2013 07:40 PM CST
Will fletching (bows and arrows) be making it out before alchemy or enchanting? Or is that slated further down the road?

GENT
Re: Bone Carving 01/02/2013 04:49 PM CST
TYPO: Extremity Bone Armor Design has an extra space after it when Talia is asked about it, and when listing techs under CRAFT.

TYPO: Bone Container Design still shows a weird capitalized R.
>ask tal about Bone Container Design

Talia says, "Skill with the Bone ContaineR Design technique will reduce the complexity of crafting bone containers."

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Bone Carving 01/02/2013 05:56 PM CST
TYPO/GRAMMAR: When you have finished working you determine the spear are uneven.
I think it should be "the spear's bones" or something similar based on the other messages (as opposed to "the spear is uneven.) Not entirely sure though.

BUG: Upon completing a several items, there is no completion message.

Back and forth you saw an iron bonesaw across the spear's bones. The sawing proceeds exceptionally well and free of mistakes.
Roundtime: 9 sec.
>carve spear with bones
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.

>carve axe with bones
Back and forth you saw an iron bonesaw across the axe's bones. The sawing proceeds exceptionally well and free of mistakes.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
>carve axe with bones
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Bone Carving 01/02/2013 08:16 PM CST
Some number disagreement here:

You evenly apply the polish to the surface of an unfinished goblin-bone bludgeon. The polishing does more harm than good, marring the bone's surface.

Back and forth you saw an iron bonesaw across the bludgeon's bones. Mixed up surface scars cover the bones' surface, the result of your poor sawing.

Also, unrelated to bone-carving, but:

>anal pol
You analyze every minute detail of the stone polish and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a crafting tool and pol they have approximately 1 uses remaining.
You believe this can be applied to fix surface discoloration on stone and bone products.
The workmanship is finely-crafted.
This tool appears to be extremely ineffective (3/11) at increasing crafting speed.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Re: Bone Carving 01/13/2013 07:11 PM CST
The basic bone collecting technique doesn't seem to be unlocking the "arrange all" ability.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Bone Carving 01/13/2013 08:01 PM CST
This should now be fixed.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Bone Carving 01/13/2013 08:06 PM CST
Also, deeds will now properly show the bone properties when read.