Weapon learning 12/12/2012 10:51 AM CST
Seems to be a bug that would allow learning on lower level creatures if you stance your weapon down. I was in shalswars and stanced offense to 50% and started learning HE, when i didn't seem to be learning HE when stanced to 100% offense.
Re: Weapon learning 12/17/2012 01:28 AM CST
Should be fixed

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Weapon learning 12/20/2012 01:01 PM CST

Somewhat similar problem (I think there was another thread on this but I can't find it)

I'm learning weapons fairly well on misses.

192 Polearm
452 Melee Mastery

Southern Celps

I was learning both polearm and melee mastery by spamming JAB, even though I never hit.

After debilitating the celp (frostbite, vertigo) I felt like I was learning it even faster, still with no hits.

Breaking out my heavy blunt (88 ranks) I was also able to learn it in a similar manner, but I felt like it was moving slower than polearms which had more ranks.
Re: Weapon learning 12/21/2012 01:22 AM CST
When was this?

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Weapon learning 12/21/2012 06:10 AM CST

Maybe 15-20 minutes before I posted. So, 1-2ish EST on 12/20
Re: Weapon learning 01/03/2013 12:01 AM CST
Is this still happening?

--

Re: Weapon learning 01/04/2013 01:37 PM CST

Yes, it is currently still happening
Re: Weapon learning 01/09/2013 12:29 AM CST
This isn't explicitly unintended - You're essentially within the 'learnable range' and have the defenses to handle the creature even if you can't fight it offensively. This doesn't worry me too much, since it really just means that you don't have to cycle through as many areas to backtrain weapons.

--

Re: Weapon learning 01/09/2013 07:20 AM CST

Awesome, that is very exciting to hear.