Heavy Thrown and force of impact tossing critters from room 01/19/2013 11:36 AM CST
Posting for a friend:

Heavy thrown force of impact is tossing critters from the room. Probably intended but the problem is no messaging is being given as to WHERE they are getting tossed. Combat log and stats following.

Stats:
Strength : 50 Reflex : 60
Agility : 40 Charisma : 45
Discipline : 50 Wisdom : 45
Intelligence : 45 Stamina : 40

Relavent Skill:
Heavy Thrown: 338 81% clear

Weapon Appraisal:

A haralun hurlable war hammer trains the heavy thrown and heavy blunt skills.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
somewhat fair slice damage
extreme impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The hurlable war hammer is extremely well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the hammer is poorly balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the hurlable war hammer is very strong against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The hurlable war hammer is made with metal.
You wonder if the hurlable war hammer might weigh several tens of stones.
You are certain that the hurlable war hammer is worth exactly 347223 kronars.

Combat log snippet:

< Moving in with powerful grace, you throw a haralun hurlable war hammer at a giant black leucro. A giant black leucro fails to evade, taking the full blow. The hammer lands a good strike that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest, lightly stunning it flipping it through the air head over heels.
The hurlable war hammer falls to the ground!
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R>get ham
You pick up a haralun hurlable war hammer.
>look
[Wilderness]
Daylight clings like a fitful child to the thick forest and undergrowth. Though it is possible to venture in most directions, it promises to be a frustrating, difficult and painful battle against the stubborn resistance of the woods. Discerning the cardinal directions is a matter of guesswork and only close observation reveals anything of worth.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, southwest, west, northwest.

Some messaging as to which direction the body is flying would be appreciated.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Heavy Thrown and force of impact tossing critters from room 01/19/2013 12:52 PM CST

>Some messaging as to which direction the body is flying would be appreciated.

I seriously don't get how its a benefit to lose your critter and with how over crowded some hunting areas get, I'm not sure I get why this ever got added to the game.

Maybe there's some point that I'm just not understanding, but my vote is just to can that system.
Re: Heavy Thrown and force of impact tossing critters from room 01/19/2013 12:56 PM CST
IMO it should be tied to a certain kind of attack, that way you can control when it happens. I can see it being a mega-valuable tool to use as a tank for creature control.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Heavy Thrown and force of impact tossing critters from room 01/19/2013 12:58 PM CST
I believe it's a bug. LT was doing it in plat for a while. It's probably intentional at some point but not with the stats/etc. success level we're seeing.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.