Bye Bye, Crits! 01/18/2013 02:33 PM CST
Haha, I just got the best DR 2.0 send off. This is one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to 3.0 -- I'll never have to see this ever, ever again. DR 2.0, you can suck it :P

* Moving with powerful grace while managing somehow to improve its position, a Dragon Priest assassin fires a crossbow bolt at you. You partially block with a forearm-sized aegis crafted with metal-edged scales.
The bolt lands a heavy (8/23) strike that drives the crossbow bolt under the sternum to pierce the heart.
A Dragon Priest assassin smirks and softly hisses, "Peh... collateral damage."

The crossbow bolt lodges itself savagely into you!
Your dao and stamping stick fall to the ground.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 247 minutes.
[You're nimbly balanced]

DEAD>
A Dragon Priest assassin bellows, "You will all bow to the might of the World Dragon!"
DEAD>
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
DEAD>
DEAD> depart item
DEAD>
You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor (11) with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.

You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

DEAD>
You feel yourself lifted gently, cradled as if by a mother's hand.

You suddenly find yourself floating upward, the light dimming slowly around you. Eventually, everything vanishes as the distance increases and you are enveloped by a sparkling panorama of brilliantly lit stars.

[The Starry Road]
You find yourself walking along a road like one you have never seen before. Spread out before you is a stream of light, paved with stars and bounded by every constellation and planet you had ever seen while a mortal, only now more vibrant and somehow alive.
Also in the room: The Starry Host
Obvious exits: north
>
You walk forward, putting one foot in front of the other, wandering closer to something which never seems nearer. Time, space and distance have no meaning in this place, leaving you feeling nothing but a strange peace tempered by a prickly feeling that your destiny is not yet finished.

After what seems an eternity, you reach a gate. Before you stands a stoney-faced being who gives you a gentle look before saying, "By the grace of the Immortals you venerate, your soul is spared from the Void. Do not squander their gift." With a swift movement of his hand you suddenly feel yourself pulled back to the land of the living.

A freezing blast blows across your heart and mind, fraying both in every direction. Just as all starts to go dim, you hear a faint murmur and a soft warmth sweeps the cold away. Slowly, the light returns and as you perceive it, you realize that you are living once more.

[The Chapel of Raven's Point]
In stark contrast to the hovels that fill the walls of Raven's Point, the interior of the chapel is adorned with rare gems and metals gathered from the four corners of Forfedhar. A massive raven, carved from black stone streaked with glittering veins of gold, dominates the rear of the church, its talons curling tightly around the edges of the altar and holding it aloft. Halos of lingering incense hover above the burning candles that line the foot of the exterior walls, fending off the pressing darkness.
You also see a mikkhalbamar archway.
Obvious exits: none.

And with that, I bid DR 2.0 adieu. I will see you all in 3.0 tomorrow! Wheeeee!

Hit me at AIM: Stigma21215 if you have any questions or need help.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Bye Bye, Crits! 01/18/2013 03:15 PM CST
Will miss these though....

You slip out of concealment and backstab a misshapen germish'din!
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at a misshapen germish'din. A misshapen germish'din attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The sabre lands an overwhelming strike (Oooh, the next generation of germish'dins are going to feel that!) that punctures the germish'din head clean through as black goo squirts from its ears.
A misshapen germish'din lets out a grating bellow as its fists unclench, then collapses into a massive heap of peeling flesh.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

>back
Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable.
You slip out of concealment and backstab a misshapen germish'din!
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at a misshapen germish'din. A misshapen germish'din attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The sabre lands an earth-shaking strike that punctures the germish'din head clean through as black goo squirts from its ears.
A misshapen germish'din lets out a grating bellow as its fists unclench, then collapses into a massive heap of peeling flesh.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>