minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 11:35 AM CST
Sometimes, ATTACK attempts to use SLAM when using blunt weapons, but... "You can not slam with an ironwood-hafted hand mace crowned with a spherical vardite head!"

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 11:42 AM CST
I noticed my attack verb was using bob. Sometimes twice in a row..when I was using my heavy edge on my warmie.
Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 11:47 AM CST
>>I noticed my attack verb was using bob. Sometimes twice in a row..when I was using my heavy edge on my warmie.

That's actually intended. Maybe not the twice in a row part but it is intended.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 12:20 PM CST
"attack" chooses the type of actual attack move or tactical maneuver that would be the best in each individual instant.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 12:22 PM CST
ATTACK just chooses BOB based on certain circumstances, like low fatigue. It doesn't do any other tactical move.

Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 01:51 PM CST
I did notice that attack was occasionally using BoB even though i was hidden ... is that intended .. seem kind of redundant to me.

Words Words Words .. in the end thats all it is
Re: minor ATTACK error for blunt weapons 01/18/2013 09:05 PM CST
>>I did notice that attack was occasionally using BoB even though i was hidden ... is that intended .. seem kind of redundant to me.

The ATTACK system tries to intelligently figure out if you are running low on balance or fatigue. BOB is a great way to build both, so it tosses a few in when it seems right to do so. This may not always seem right to you, but mathmatically it makes sense. The alternative is to just select which kind of attacks you want to do instead of letting the system decide.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes