Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 12:49 AM CST
Any way you could tone down the defensive penalties associated with all brawl attacks (and definitely the ones tied to generic "attack")? It's very difficult to brawl at level (compared to 2HE and 2HB for me).
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 12:38 PM CST
>>Any way you could tone down the defensive penalties associated with all brawl attacks

I will double-check, but believe them to be rather identical to the penalties from their weapon counterparts...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 12:41 PM CST
> I will double-check, but believe them to be rather identical to the penalties from their weapon counterparts...

But (last I checked) brawling does less damage than its weapon counterparts.
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 09:40 PM CST
Could it be something to do with brawling attacks being faster and there being some sort of stacking or remaining defense penalty due to that? For reference, with 2HB, I alternate between jab and swing, 2HE I use jab and slice, brawling is just Attack which defaults to punch, kick, gouge/claw (not sure what that is) and bob. I get hit a lot more in the brawl routine. It's really, really noticeable. I don't pause between attack RTs in any of the cycles.
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 09:41 PM CST
>>But (last I checked) brawling does less damage than its weapon counterparts.

Brawling does not require a weapon or anything in hand. I dont think brawling is meant to compare to an actual weapon in terms of its effectivness, although I would love if it had more tactical options.

(This post is as a brawling secondary character fyi. Not a hater)
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 10:09 PM CST
I can probably bump the brawling defense modifiers a bit due to the slightly reduced DPS. Let's see how it feels once everything goes live tomorrow.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 10:22 PM CST
Sounds good. Thanks for considering it and looking at it, Kodius.
Re: Brawling Attack Penalties 01/18/2013 11:22 PM CST
I'll take another look at brawling (and any underperforming attacks) once 3.0 goes live.