Lodging changes 01/16/2013 09:53 PM CST
Lodged item tending min RT was lowered, and a cap on the max RT was put into place.

Lodged pulsing damage was also reduced in some cases. It should still be enough to make it very useful, so feedback is helpful here.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 12:12 AM CST
You should now be able to GET <lodgeditem> FROM <enemy> to retrieve your lodged items. Un-hacking this was a mess... so please let me know if anything broke anywhere. Any more problems with lodging?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 09:49 AM CST
Lodging looks great from what I can see with some skefne hunting. Able to pull just fine, damage seems to be applied nicely. There will always be something awesome about killing a critter by removing the giant spear lodged in its chest.

Previously, pulling out lodged items would teach some BRAWLING skill for doing the action. Currently, I'm not seeing any learning from pulling out lodged items. Tested Peccs, Swampies, Fens, Raiders, Warcats, and Gryphons. I don't know if you had any plans for this but could it maybe start teaching TACTICS?

Also, I saw something weird while hunting:

>l at pecc
You see a small peccary.
The small peccary has severely swollen and bruised abdomen compounded by deep cuts across the abdomen.
There is a balanced duraka skefne with a tempered blade lodged shallowly in its .
The small peccary is bleeding with discoloration in the and from the .
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

Notice the lack of body parts. Was fine with other critters tested so maybe something with the peccs only?

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 09:54 AM CST
>>I don't know if you had any plans for this but could it maybe start teaching TACTICS?

I think pulling out lodged items caused damage (or at least vit loss) in 2.0, so if it taught anything it should probably be brawling.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 10:07 AM CST
>>I don't know if you had any plans for this but could it maybe start teaching TACTICS?

>I think pulling out lodged items caused damage (or at least vit loss) in 2.0, so if it taught anything it should probably be brawling.

Yeah it did.

I just suggested tactics, but really I would be happy with anything. Weapon skill, melee mastery, brawling... whatever feels like it fits.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 10:41 AM CST
What happens if you invoke bond on a lodged weapon? Should it teach something also? It should do damage like you pulled it out by hand right?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 10:49 AM CST
Considering its using what amounts to lameness to avoid combat mechanics, I really don't it should deal extra damage for invoking a bond.

Samsaren
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:07 AM CST
>What happens if you invoke bond on a lodged weapon? Should it teach something also? It should do damage like you pulled it out by hand right?

Yeah, I dunno about that. You're not doing the action needed to wrench it from a bodypart, like the person above said, you're avoiding the physical work associated with combat mechanics by using a invocation. I would assume to physically pull the lodged item out would take a lot of wiggling around and shaking, hence why it taught brawling in the past. Where as the invoke would be more like an immediate removal of the item with no skill check at all.

Apples and oranges, from what I can see.

Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:31 AM CST
You mean kind of like damaging someone with magic? Isn't invoke bond magic? So you are saying magic should not damage??? Odd that!

______
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:32 AM CST
>>What happens if you invoke bond on a lodged weapon? Should it teach something also? It should do damage like you pulled it out by hand right?

It should teach arcana because it's magic and cause damage only if it gets a roundtime.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:35 AM CST
Well, there isn't a skill-check involved. And do you really want to check and learn TM from invoking bond to get your weapon back, Magdar? While not strictly associated, Inner Fireball suddenly comes to mind...

--Wryhk

1st grade tl;dr version:

Numbers didn't change. Words changed. Words don't matter. Numbers all that matters.

--GRIM45
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:37 AM CST
Nope I am happy with it not teaching. I just do not see that there should be a differenc in how removing a weapon form a critter works. Yank it by hand or invoke a bond.

______
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:40 AM CST
well, one includes an RT and does damage, has levels of success and some sort of skill check (or at least it seemed to), and causes imbalance. The other one mystically causes the weapon to disappear from it's lodge and appear in your hand.

--Wryhk

1st grade tl;dr version:

Numbers didn't change. Words changed. Words don't matter. Numbers all that matters.

--GRIM45
Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:43 AM CST
>>I just do not see that there should be a differenc in how removing a weapon form a critter works. Yank it by hand or invoke a bond.

If that's the case, invoke bond would have to require a skill check (guessing Arcana more than anything else, but since it causes damage maybe TM is involved, too) and a roundtime.

You can't cause additional damage with zero effort.

Re: Lodging changes 01/17/2013 11:48 AM CST
Or yanking it should not require/teach. Frankly I found it an interesting thought and posted on it. Don't want anything to change, just reacting to posts.. shrug

______