SNIPE 01/15/2013 09:52 AM CST
I got an inconsistancy with using snipe earlier, one time I used it was 1 sec RT the following time was 9 sec RT. Earlier testing on kelpies showed 9 sec every time, but this time with wolves... Using a store-bought common longbow from Langenfirth and slender arrows from kelpies, here is my log:

A blood wolf gracefully trots into the area.
>
The blood wolf begins to advance on you!
The blood wolf is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
You exclaim, "What's up now, bro? Come at me!"
>hid
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>aim wolf
You begin to target a blood wolf.
>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, a blood wolf stops advancing.
>
The blood wolf searches around for a moment.
>
The blood wolf slowly enters, evaluating the area.
>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
>snipe
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you attack a slender tip arrow at a blood wolf. A blood wolf attempts to dodge, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The arrow lands a powerful strike that launches the slender tip arrow straight through the left thigh, lightly stunning it.

The slender tip arrow lodges itself firmly into the blood wolf!
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your loading went unobserved.
You reach into your harness to load the common longbow with a slender tip arrow.
Roundtime 5 sec.
>
You feel fully rested.
>
A blood wolf appears to be tracking a scent.
>
>aim
You begin to target a blood wolf.
>
>
The blood wolf searches around for a moment.
>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
>snipe
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you attack a slender tip arrow at a blood wolf. A blood wolf attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The arrow lands an awesome strike that tears the left leg from the socket when the slender tip arrow gets jammed between thigh and hip, severely stunning it.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The slender tip arrow falls to the ground!
A blood wolf legs buckle as it falls to the ground.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 9 sec.]

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: SNIPE 01/15/2013 09:59 AM CST
Also getting the "You attack a..." message when using snipe. Not the standard "You fire a..."

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: SNIPE 01/15/2013 10:03 AM CST
The huge roundtimes seem to be associated with hits that greatly damage body parts.

From the messaging, it looks like you are outclassing the critters you are hunting by quite a bit. I wonder if the massively outclass 10x one-hit-kill multiplier is being added in, and if that mechanic is what is causing the extra RT?
Re: SNIPE 01/15/2013 10:12 AM CST
Weird. I'm sitting on 60 bow ranks which should be in line for Bloodwolves, IIRC. My stealth totally outclasses, but not the weapon rank itself.

Re: SNIPE 01/15/2013 10:15 AM CST
I wouldn't say that, Olson.

I'm getting the base roundtime of 9 seconds for poaching with sling in gryphons, and my sling skill is only around 260. Unless baby gryphons have moved up quite a bit in range or full aim adds that much of a bonus, I wouldn't say my sling skill severely outclasses them. Stealth, sure, I could see that being the case having 400 ranks. But not enough to one-hit kill them with.
Re: SNIPE 01/15/2013 10:26 AM CST
>I'm getting the base roundtime of 9 seconds for poaching with sling in gryphons, and my sling skill is only around 260. Unless baby gryphons have moved up quite a bit in range or full aim adds that much of a bonus, I wouldn't say my sling skill severely outclasses them. Stealth, sure, I could see that being the case having 400 ranks. But not enough to one-hit kill them with.

OK, maybe not. It was just a theory.