Poach 01/15/2013 09:17 AM CST
You slip quietly from your hiding place, convinced that you successfully poached your target.
< You attack a quartzite stone shard at a baby forest gryphon. A baby forest gryphon attempts to evade. The shard lands a powerful strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
The stone shard falls to the ground!
A baby forest gryphon collapses into a lifeless mound of fur and feathers.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 9 sec.]

>poach
You slip quietly from your hiding place, convinced that you successfully poached your target.
< You attack a crossbow bolt at a musk hog. A musk hog fails to evade. The bolt lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that splatters away the right eye and most of the nose.

The crossbow bolt lodges itself savagely into the musk hog!
The musk hog falls to the ground and lies still.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 9 sec.]

Is poaching supposed to take this long? It never has before. This hurts on top of load time and aim time, especially since ambush didn't get the same roundtime nerf. What are the roundtimes for sniping?
Re: Poach 01/15/2013 09:22 AM CST
Also, just noticed POACH results in <You attack a ... at a ...>
Re: Poach 01/15/2013 01:17 PM CST
Poach is still not calling combat properly. Been struggling to get this fixed, but we know something is not working correctly with it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Poach 01/15/2013 04:07 PM CST
thanks for the heads up Kodius.

By the way, is that just the messaging you're talking about or the roundtimes as well?
Re: Poach 01/15/2013 05:09 PM CST
Both.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Poach 01/17/2013 04:27 PM CST
Just wanted to chime in: poach is still taking a super long time (9 sec).

I'm guessing that you haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but just in case.. :)