Prev_page Previous 1
Ranged damage 01/06/2013 04:49 PM CST
Alright, I reworked ranged damage a bit. A few things...

Base damage is the ammo's appraise.

The ranged weapon used modifies this based on its Power and the class of weapon it is. This is a rough comparison of weapon class:

Thrown < Sling < Staff Sling < Shortbow < Longbow < Comp Bow < Light Crossbow < Heavy Crossbow < Arbalest

Essentially, the shorter the RT the lower the base damage adjustment. No real way to make this visible in the appraise. Its kind of an old old hardcoded thing. When I get to writing bow making we'll see if something better can be implemented.

Finally, snap shots give no damage bonus, and fully aimed gives a moderate damage bonus.

You should notice a fully aimed bow shot is capable of doing a really good amount of damage now. As always, this took a lot of code edits and mistakes were possible. Please don't freak out if something seems off :P

Thanks for testing!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 05:25 PM CST
I didn't have a huge problem with ranged damage before this change, but I can see a difference. Looks good to me, keep up the good work Kodius.
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 05:47 PM CST
>> Thrown < Sling < Staff Sling < Shortbow < Longbow < Comp Bow < Light Crossbow < Heavy Crossbow < Arbalest

Cool, out of curiosity's sake could you describe where Targeted Magic ranks on this chart assuming a capped Targeted Magic spell and full target?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 05:48 PM CST
TM is equivalent to Sling in this sense, because it gets no "weapon bonus" that I know of. Instead, the "arrows" have 2-6x the stats of normal arrows depending on how much mana you use.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:08 PM CST
>> Thrown < Sling < Staff Sling < Shortbow < Longbow < Comp Bow < Light Crossbow < Heavy Crossbow < Arbalest
>>TM is equivalent to Sling in this sense, because it gets no "weapon bonus" that I know of. Instead, the "arrows" have 2-6x the stats of normal arrows depending on how much mana you use.

Given these two statements, this seems to imply that thrown suffers a penalty? Can you confirm this, or clarify? Should the table more accurately be:

>> Thrown = Sling < Staff Sling < Shortbow < Longbow < Comp Bow < Light Crossbow < Heavy Crossbow < Arbalest

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:10 PM CST
Sweet, thanks for the info!

~ Leilond
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:12 PM CST
Is this live in plat?
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:16 PM CST
>> TM is equivalent to Sling in this sense, because it gets no "weapon bonus" that I know of. Instead, the "arrows" have 2-6x the stats of normal arrows depending on how much mana you use.

Can you comment on whether targeting a spell gives a damage bonus like bows? And where that damage bonus may "fall" on that scale? Or is aim damage bonus the same for comp/long/short/lx/etc?
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:41 PM CST
>>Thrown < Sling < Staff Sling < Shortbow < Longbow < Comp Bow < Light Crossbow < Heavy Crossbow < Arbalest

>>Essentially, the shorter the RT the lower the base damage adjustment.

hey Kodius, the damage scale makes sense but the RTs are definately not in this order. Sling is 2 seconds, Staff Sling is 4, and shortbow is 1 second with the Nisha store bought bow, 2 otherwise. So it looks like RTs need re-evaluated in that sling should be 1 second load and staff sling 2 seconds. Or shortbow RT needs raised?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 06:53 PM CST
<<hey Kodius, the damage scale makes sense but the RTs are definately not in this order. Sling is 2 seconds, Staff Sling is 4, and shortbow is 1 second with the Nisha store bought bow, 2 otherwise. So it looks like RTs need re-evaluated in that sling should be 1 second load and staff sling 2 seconds. Or shortbow RT needs raised?>>

Slings don't suffer the same penalties as bow.
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:10 PM CST
>> and shortbow is 1 second with the Nisha store bought bow, 2 otherwise.

That's for a barbarian/rangers with sufficient circle/stats. For everyone else Nisha is 2 second load from quiver and every other shortbow is 3 second. There are also certain LXs out there that you can work the RT down to that of a longbow. These are outliers though.

>>Slings don't suffer the same penalties as bow.

And this. You have no shield penalty with slings, and can even parry with staff slings. Each weapon type still has their own advantages/disadvantages that they had before. The damage list Kodius posted is always how ranged weapons were supposed to be from my understanding. The craziness of PC made ammo, and the lack of for LX hasn't always led it to be the case though.
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:14 PM CST
This may be a dense question, but what does the balance of a ranged weapon (not ammo) do? Does it bonus to-hit?

GENT
Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:15 PM CST
>>Given these two statements, this seems to imply that thrown suffers a penalty? Can you confirm this, or clarify? Should the table more accurately be:

Thrown has a random modifier that goes below sling, to about the same as staff-sling. It averages out to just below sling in terms of efficiency. However, your typical thrown weapon's stats MAUK that of your typical sling stones, more than evening the field.

Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:23 PM CST
>>the damage scale makes sense but the RTs are definately not in this order.

Yeah, its not a perfect setup just yet. Something I'll be addressing once I get back into bow making and sling crafting some more. I don't want to nerf any particular weapon, so I'll likely just make slings hit harder or something.

Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:24 PM CST
>>but what does the balance of a ranged weapon (not ammo) do? Does it bonus to-hit?

Balance and Agility affect your OF, which is primarily allowing you a higher % to hit. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it has a small part in the damage calcs, though nothing like power/strength.

Re: Ranged damage 01/06/2013 07:27 PM CST
>>That's for a barbarian/rangers with sufficient circle/stats. For everyone else Nisha is 2 second load from quiver and every other shortbow is 3 second.

good point, sling is 3 seconds and staff sling is 5 second load then. So that point is moot.

I understand that sling as the advantage of shield, but that is also a moot point since Kodius specifically said its based off RT. HX and LX can use shield just as well as sling and they are the top damage dealers, so according to your logic they should be nerfed?

Sling and staff sling have the worse ammo yet do not fall in line with the RT/damage schema. That is 2 strikes. Staff Sling is also two handed which comes with associated penalties.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/08/2013 10:39 AM CST
Hey Kodius, while you're looking at attack RT and stuff could you take a look at Medium Edge weapons? They're JABbing faster than Light Edge weapons which seems weird.

~ Leilond
Re: Ranged damage 01/08/2013 08:25 PM CST
Ahh yeah, I still need to catch that one. So many little bugs crawling around here :/ This weekend should be rather productive at least!

Re: Ranged damage 01/08/2013 09:01 PM CST
I think 2handed weapons are also jabbing faster than large edged/blunt weapons in the same fashion just FYI.

~ Leilond
Re: Ranged damage 01/08/2013 10:22 PM CST
Was the ranged tweak rolled over into plat?
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 12:53 PM CST
I logged into test, and used sling to kill a couple assassins - It LOOKED fixed to me, for whatever reason after I initially logged in I killed the first 2 in under 10 hits. It looked good and I almost just logged out assuming it was good.

Then it just stopped working. Something is definately weird.

Anyways I then made a script to track how many hits it was taking to kill.

Load time = 2 seconds
Aim time = 3 seconds
fire time = 1 seconds
Inbetween time, probably ~.5 seconds for stowing ammo and reloading command.
So 6.5 seconds per shot.
Ammo: obsidian shards
953 ranks of Sling

10 Assassins, shots to kill:
20,14,15,10,17,15,14,18,19,15 = 157/10 = 15.7 average shots per kill.

So the Average is 102 seconds per kill, or 1 minute 42 seconds.
For those that don't do the recuded load from quiver, it would be 1 minute 57 seconds.

It has improved from last test a little but it still needs work...

I did the same test with LT Blades:

5 blade throws
RT for each throw ranged from 5-7 seconds.
840 Ranks of LT

10 Assassins, seconds to kill:
21,19,27,22,20,22,22,23,21,16 = 213/10 = 21.3 seconds per kill

Obviously there is something wrong with this picture. Sling has 100+ ranks on my LT yet kills 6x slower.
To add insult to injury I am using store bought blades that have horrible stats, vs the top player crafted ammo in the game (excluding diamondique) and also the top sling in the game. Also, there was not a single miss with any blade through, however sling would completely miss occasionally.

I did another test with Staff Sling just because I was curious:

Load time = 4 seconds
Aim time = 3 seconds
fire time = 1 seconds
Inbetween time, probably ~.5 seconds for stowing ammo and reloading command.
So 8.5 seconds per shot.
Ammo: obsidian shards
953 ranks of Sling

10 Assassins, shots to kill:
22,13,5,28,13,12,16,13,17,29 = 168/10 = 16.8 average shots per kill.

So the Average is 142 seconds per kill, or 2 minute 22 seconds.
For those that don't do the recuded load from quiver, it would be 2 minute 39 seconds.

Sling is just as fun as watching paint dry in 3.0 - seriously.
If 3.0 rolls out and nothing is changed, sling will become a completely worthless skill, because everything else is a better choice.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 01:11 PM CST
>>Sling has 100+ ranks on my LT yet kills 6x slower.

It would appear sling is doing more damage per hit, but is taking more time to kill due to the aiming and loading.

What about it looked fixed initially?

Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 01:19 PM CST
>>What about it looked fixed initially?

Snap shots were hitting, and also doing more damage, like heavy-extremely heavy range.

After those first initial kills I don't even think I scored above a very heavy it once in the whole test I did.

I don't think I have it logged but let me look...

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 01:33 PM CST
sweet it did log, I will just paste the full log so you can see - this starts at the first load upon logging in and being advanced.

Oh gosh - look, I just noticed something...

It appears my character was still being boosted by the OLD dragon dance, but in TEST.

>load
You reach into your quiver to load the black-hide sling with an obsidian stone shard.
Roundtime 2 sec.
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>aim
You begin to target a Dragon Priest assassin.
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices wide at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
The Dragon Priest assassin moves into a position to dodge.
You think you have your best shot possible now.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints high at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
You sense the equilibrium of the Dragon present within you, stabilizing your stance.

* A Dragon Priest assassin slices a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You dodge.
[You're adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You evade.
[You're adeptly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin attempts to dodge. The shard lands an extremely heavy hit that blasts the left cheekbone and causes the eye to fill with blood, knocking it completely senseless.
The stone shard falls to the ground!
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
You feel fully rested.
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You dodge.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in better position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You dodge.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
>load
You reach into your quiver to load the black-hide sling with an obsidian stone shard.
Roundtime 2 sec.
>aim
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin attempts to dodge. The shard lands a hard hit to the assassin's left arm.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
You feel fully rested.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>load
Roundtime 2 sec.
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints high at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>aim
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin attempts to dodge. The shard lands a very heavy hit that lightly cuts the assassin's forearm.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
Roundtime 2 sec.
You feel fully rested.
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You dodge.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
>aim
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to dodge. The shard lands a hard hit that thumps it in the gut (it's the thought that counts).
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>load
Roundtime 2 sec.
>aim
You feel fully rested.
The Dragon Priest assassin moves into a position to dodge.
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in good position.]
You think you have your best shot possible now.
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints low at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints low at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to dodge. The shard lands a hard hit that nicks the neck with a light scratch, lightly stunning it.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
You feel fully rested.
Roundtime 2 sec.
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield.
>sk sl

Slings: 953 78.63% considering (6/34)

Time Development Points: -10270 Favors: 6 Deaths: 321 Departs: 139
Overall state of mind: clear

>aim
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices wide at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices wide at you. You evade.
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin attempts to dodge. The shard lands an extremely heavy hit that shatters both shoulders with a blow to the upper back, dealing it a vicious stun.
[You're winded, solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
You feel fully rested.
Roundtime 2 sec.
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (solidly balanced) are facing a Dragon Priest assassin (4) at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (1: nimbly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (2: nimbly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (3: nimbly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (4: stunned and very badly balanced) is facing you at melee range.

(You are also defending against a Dragon Priest assassin.)
>aim
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to evade. The shard lands a heavy strike that rips apart the left bicep and splinters the bones of the upper arm.
A Dragon Priest assassin curses and then viciously snarls, "My shadowed brethren shall avenge my death!" before expiring with a gurgling hiss.
A silver q'zhalata dagger's blade suddenly cracks in half and melts away into nothingness with a gentle hiss.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
Death 1
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You evade.
[You're winded, solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
You feel fully rested.
>loot
The assassin was carrying a tiny pink sapphire and a medium bistre agate!
>load
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
Roundtime 2 sec.
>aim
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You dodge.
You turn to face a Dragon Priest assassin.
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to dodge. The shard lands a heavy strike that bruises the chest with a blow to the ribcage, lightly stunning it.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
You feel fully rested.
* A Dragon Priest assassin chops wide at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
>load
Roundtime 2 sec.
>aim
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices wide at you. You dodge.
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to evade. The shard lands a solid hit to the assassin's left arm.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints low at you. You block solidly with a azure-scaled shield.
Roundtime 2 sec.
You feel fully rested.
>aim
You notice the Dragon Priest assassin attempting to stealthily advance upon you!
* A Dragon Priest assassin slices a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin fails to evade. The shard lands a solid hit that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning it.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>load
Roundtime 2 sec.
You notice a Dragon Priest assassin as it stealthily closes to melee range on you.
You point at a Dragon Priest assassin, ruining its attempt to advance unnoticed.
>aim
You feel fully rested.
You sense the equilibrium of the Dragon present within you, stabilizing your stance.

* A Dragon Priest assassin chops a silver q'zhalata dagger at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're adeptly balanced and in strong position.]
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
>shoot
< You fire an obsidian stone shard at a Dragon Priest assassin. A Dragon Priest assassin attempts to dodge. The shard lands a heavy strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
A Dragon Priest assassin curses and then viciously snarls, "My shadowed brethren shall avenge my death!" before expiring with a gurgling hiss.
A silver q'zhalata dagger's blade suddenly cracks in half and melts away into nothingness with a gentle hiss.
[You're adeptly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
You feel fully rested.
Death 2

BTW re-looking at my log showed another 2 good kills, and then this:

You feel your inner fire cool, as the adrenaline pumping effect of your battle dance ends.

So yeah I was just under the influence of old dragon dance and sling is still bad :(

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 03:12 PM CST
>>It appears my character was still being boosted by the OLD dragon dance, but in TEST.

Please share your secrets, good sir. :D

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 05:00 PM CST
>>Please share your secrets, good sir. :D

right? Just got lucky that when they did the copy I must of been dancing dragon.

I would like to know your thoughts on sling though Kodius, surely that can't be intended?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 05:11 PM CST
I will take another look at it when I get home. Might be time to increase sling stone templates across the board to match their arrow counterparts.

One problem with throwing daggers is the damage is instantenous. Throwing/getting/throwing a single weapon spreads that damage out resulting in a chance for the target to take action. I'd like to see them continue to be a bit unpredictable, and allow room for forged throwing blades. The damage shields are just mucking everything up at the moment.

Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 06:17 PM CST
<<Alternatively, I may increase the RT on LT and HT by one second, and increase the damage they deal by 50% and 33% or so.... that may just be eaiser. I had no problem getting past Tenacity with a steel dao.>>

Ughh, please don't increase roundtimes. I know the 30-50% boost in damage would be great, but honestly all these added rt's are starting to feel tedious.
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 06:51 PM CST
Hmm, I would have thought all that typing to throw more often would be more tedious.

Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 06:54 PM CST
>>Hmm, I would have thought all that typing to throw more often would be more tedious.

Everyone uses scripts anyways, they just want to powergame and kill as fast as possible.

Personally I favor more damage at the expense of RT. There are only so many avenues you can reasonably take to fix thrown, I am fine with this suggestion.
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 06:58 PM CST
>>There are only so many avenues you can reasonably take to fix thrown...

Truth.

I would be all for upping min RT of LT's to 2-3, and 3-5 for HT's with some weapon feat(s) to get each down to 2 and 3 RT, respectively.

~ Leilond
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:02 PM CST
Well, damage shields aside what is the problem with thrown weapons? I showed myself having absolutely no problem killing another player with LT compared to other weapons...

Also, for the SLING USERS. 3 seconds of aiming is still a large penalty to your to-hit (and always has been a large penalty). Can you repeat the test using full aims? Assassins have 800-900 defenses, and with only 950ish skill you'll not be getting any of the damage bonus with that short of an aim time.

Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:03 PM CST
>>I would be all for upping min RT of LT's to 2-3, and 3-5 for HT's with some weapon feat(s) to get each down to 2 and 3 RT, respectively.

If you up damage considerably at the expense of roundtime but then introduce rt-lowering feats, that rather defeats the purpose of upping the roundtime (I feel).

As someone who's primary weapons are HT, 2HE, and 2HB, I think we just need to get used to the idea that min RT's for our greatswords of dewm are going to be 4 seconds, and I don't like the idea of feats to lower it beyond this threshold. Making lighter weapons truly competitive can really only happen with comparable DPS unless you start tacking on silly things like huge penalties to accuracy and defense, and I'm not particularly fond of those ideas. I'd just rather the RT.
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:16 PM CST
>>Well, damage shields aside what is the problem with thrown weapons?

I think the damage shields are the issue. Sure, being primarily a thrown user I'd love to see how a 33% or 50% damage increase turns out, but in all honesty I do think the damage shield thing is the crux of the problem for small weapons. Maybe the percentage increase is a better way to fix it though? I don't know.

With that said, I do think upping RT and actually have throw/get/throw be fatiguing (without being too harsh on noobs) would be a good tradeoff for increasing damage, if you were to go that route.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:25 PM CST
>>If you up damage considerably at the expense of roundtime but then introduce rt-lowering feats, that rather defeats the purpose of upping the roundtime (I feel).

This is the way things are going to be with Light Edge I thought. Right now Jab/Draw RT's are 1-2, but with a feat they can be reduced to 1 second. Or at least, I thought that's what the plan was.

Really, I was just trying to parallel that example.

~ Leilond
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:30 PM CST
I want a feat that nerfs Leilond by 500 ranks.
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 07:31 PM CST
>>Also, for the SLING USERS. 3 seconds of aiming is still a large penalty to your to-hit (and always has been a large penalty). Can you repeat the test using full aims? Assassins have 800-900 defenses, and with only 950ish skill you'll not be getting any of the damage bonus with that short of an aim time.

Sure can, I will repeat tomorrow the same test with longer aim. What aim time should I go for? I previously did full aim and it was awful too, but that was before your last change.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 08:06 PM CST
<<Hmm, I would have thought all that typing to throw more often would be more tedious.>>

Macros/scripts. My main issue is when you start to bleed up into the 3/4 second range with HT it crosses over with bow snap shots; as someone who trains both bow and thrown I'd prefer thrown remained a lower RT option. 2-3 seconds for HT is perfect IMO.
Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 08:21 PM CST
Ok, I just deployed a major fix to slings. In most cases you were getting a 20% penalty to OF with them... Not sure why anyone would have ever done this, but the ammo balance was factoring into things (untouched DR 2.0 code). You cannot even appraise ammo balance so I have removed this as a factor for now. Maybe with fletching 3.0 I'll bring it back in.

Re: Ranged damage 01/14/2013 08:38 PM CST
Would you be able to change thrown to have a throw hard option so you could boost the damage they do at the cost of extra rt, which would give you a choice of how and when to use them. Throw hard to begin with to start off and get health down a bit and then just throw to finish them off quick before they run off.

If advice was any good, they wouldn't give it out for free.
Prev_page Previous 1