HL and COS 12/12/2012 02:00 PM CST
Is there a way to prematurely end these spells? Release didn't seem to work.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: HL and COS 12/12/2012 05:45 PM CST
TOUCH the tree lets you both join and end COS.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: HL and COS 12/12/2012 08:22 PM CST
Ah, I had tried that but didn't think to wait. The tree remains for a bit before disappearing. I thought it just stayed for the duration of the spell.

Re: HL and COS 12/12/2012 08:48 PM CST
>>Ah, I had tried that but didn't think to wait. The tree remains for a bit before disappearing. I thought it just stayed for the duration of the spell.

Oh, sorry I think I misunderstood your original post. The tree will remain for the duration of the spell. To my knowledge, there is no "despawn tree" command right now.

You can join and leave the circle by touching the tree while it remains. You can make a new one as long as you are not currently linked to one. So even if you have one summoned somewhere, you can summon another one, unless this has changed. (If it has, you may blame my filling most of Crossing in Test with trees.)

Re: HL and COS 12/12/2012 08:53 PM CST
>The tree will remain for the duration of the spell.

Actually, I just gave it a try and the tree faded after about a minute or so of not having anyone joined to it.

Re: HL and COS 12/12/2012 10:09 PM CST
>>Actually, I just gave it a try and the tree faded after about a minute or so of not having anyone joined to it.

Darn. I planned on filling Crossing with trees when 3.0 went live. Foiled again.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: HL and COS 12/13/2012 06:57 AM CST
>The tree will remain for the duration of the spell.

>Actually, I just gave it a try and the tree faded after about a minute or so of not having anyone joined to it.

Interesting. I cast it just east of the copse outside Crossing, then ported to Aesry, then Shard. It stayed up for the entire spell duration without anyone else joining it. Nothing I did remotely or in the room would allow me to dispell or release it.

For trivia, with 8 rois remaining the tree drops a leaf that remains on the ground (nothing seemed special about the leaf) and at 4 rois remaining it messages dropping its last leaf leaving barren branches.

Asbhuan
Re: HL and COS 12/13/2012 08:22 AM CST
Did you touch the tree after you cast to sever your link to it or were you still linked when you went to Aesry?

I cast the tree, touched to sever the link, waited about 1 minute and the tree faded. Maybe something else was going on, I'll mess around with it some more when I hop into test after breakfast.

Re: HL and COS 12/13/2012 08:59 AM CST
>[09:56] cast
>[09:56] The mental strain of this pattern is considerably eased by your ritual focus.
>[09:56] You gesture.
>[09:56] A diminutive lemon tree of phantasmal blue rises up from the ground, its golden leaves stretching out into the >air.

>[09:56] touch tree
>[09:56] You press your palm against the bole of an azure lemon tree, fingers splayed.
>[09:56] You are abruptly disunited from the Circle of Sympathy matrix.

>[09:57] The leafless lemon tree fades like a drifting mist into oblivion.

Looks like it fades if no one's linked to it.

Re: HL and COS 12/13/2012 11:01 AM CST
>Did you touch the tree after you cast to sever your link to it or were you still linked when you went to Aesry?

>I cast the tree, touched to sever the link, waited about 1 minute and the tree faded. Maybe something else was going on, I'll mess around with it some more when I hop into test after breakfast.

I tested both methods. However, this was live in Plat, not in Test. Perhaps Test has changes. I know there are other things that have been changed in Test I still haven't seen in Plat. I'll re-check tonight now that I've gotten my shock level back under 100%.

Thanks for showing me that to check against.

Asbhuan
Re: HL and COS 12/13/2012 05:42 PM CST
I am traveling for a bit so I'm not going to be on top of the bug fixes and updates for a spell, I will try to make fixes and get the instances synced (or at least closer to synced) once I'm back at home.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: HL and COS 12/14/2012 12:05 PM CST
Re-tested COS in Plat breaking the link and the tree did indeed fade in less than a minute now.

Asbhuan