Compel vs Alfar 12/10/2012 08:40 PM CST
So just for kicks I tried casting compel on my guardian spirit. This resulted in it fleeing in a peculiar direction:

>cast warrior
You gesture at a wiry alfar warrior.
Your welkin armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
As you begin to cast the spell, you feel the weight of your empathic shock dampening your efforts.
You focus your magical senses upon a wiry alfar warrior's life essence, attempting to subtly compel it to go elsewhere.
A wiry alfar warrior loses all track of harmful intention toward you and disengages.
A wiry alfar warrior flees has.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

It did leave the room, and not surprisingly, it just came right back afterward.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/10/2012 09:04 PM CST
>>A wiry alfar warrior flees has.

Alfar can has flee?

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/11/2012 06:15 PM CST
I saw the same thing today against a rock troll. The target troll was not engaged in combat at the moment, and I believe I was manipulating it at the time but I'm not certain. I also had just cast Innocence very shortly before so it's possible there might be effects from both spells triggering here. This was in the first room in rockies on the other side of the barricade, where the only directional exit is West.

>cast troll
You gesture at a rock troll.
Your cambrinth ankleband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
You focus your magical senses upon a rock troll's life essence, attempting to subtly compel it to go elsewhere.
A rock troll loses all track of harmful intention toward you and disengages.
A rock troll flees has.

~ Player of Farman et al.
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 11:29 AM CST
I could not reproduce this. Do you have any more information about when/how it happened?

I'll keep an eye out for it. It was possibly an oddity in the movement mechs that someone else pounced on while I was MIA. Let me know if you see it again and the circumstances under which it happened then.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 03:36 PM CST
>cast war
You gesture at a calm alfar warrior.
As you begin to cast the spell, you feel the weight of your empathic shock dampening your efforts.
You focus your magical senses upon a calm alfar warrior's life essence, attempting to subtly compel it to go elsewhere.
A calm alfar warrior loses all track of harmful intention toward you and disengages.
A calm alfar warrior flees east.

Asbhuan
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:13 PM CST
I see no reason to make the warriors immune to compel, though compelling your own alfar should perhaps cause it to abandon you. Hmmmmm.

Melete
Here as he walked by
A nameless Dwarf
THE BEARD INTEGER
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:15 PM CST
Mine is still fleeing "has" when I cast on it. I used a minimum-mana GS and a min+32 from cambrinth Compel.

>foc my arm
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
You focus your magical senses on a cambrinth welkin armband.
The welkin armband pulses brightly with Life energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying it for your use.
>cast warrior
You gesture at a serene alfar warrior.
Your welkin armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
You focus your magical senses upon a serene alfar warrior's life essence, attempting to subtly compel it to go elsewhere.
A serene alfar warrior loses all track of harmful intention toward you and disengages.
A serene alfar warrior flees has.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:28 PM CST
Mine fled "has" until today.

Asbhuan
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:34 PM CST
Awww...

>cast war
You gesture at a calm alfar warrior.
A calm alfar warrior gazes at you in shock, its eyes full of sadness.
You sense your hold on your Guardian Spirit weaken, then evaporate entirely.

Now I'll go try it in combat.

Asbhuan
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:38 PM CST
When the summoning empath casts an offensive spell on the alfar, they are supposed to leave, their feelings being terribly hurt etc. There was a bug that was causing this not to work so the compel thing at least should be moot now. I did find where I believe it may have been going wrong and squashed it though, so hopefully it's both moot and fixed for other cases where it might be happening.

Melete
Here as he walked by
A nameless Dwarf
THE BEARD INTEGER
Re: Compel vs Alfar 12/22/2012 04:40 PM CST
And the results are the same.

Asbhuan