Sanyu Lyba and Hydra Hex 11/30/2012 11:38 AM CST
I started playing with Sanyu Lyba and Hydra Hex, the other day and found that my pygmy house spirit didn't like it so much when I cast hydra hex uncurse. I ask this question mostly because I'm exactly sure what these two spells do (SL protects from magic attacks and Hyh Uncurse constantly uncurses stuff around me?), but is this intentional?

l
[Northern Trade Road, Rolling Hills]
The road winds among low, rounded hills barely deserving of the name. Clumps of trees around the base of the hills thin out rapidly as bare rock rises out of the good earth. The ragged summits are worn and weathered with age. You also see a pygmy house spirit.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.

prep hyh
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You begin chanting a psalm to invoke the Hydra Hex spell.

harn 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

harn 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the moderate amount already streaming around you.

harn 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the generous amount already streaming around you.
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

cast uncurse
You gesture.
The dirt beneath you lights up with a silvery luminance, brief-lived iterations of the Uncurse pattern continuously flashing across its surface.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You feel fully rested.
Ripples of gleaming cerulean light exude from the orb hovering near you, causing your scales to take on the texture and color of a babbling brook.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maintain your cyclic spell.
A pygmy house spirit near you glides over to Zakuro, glowing brighter and brighter!
A pygmy house spirit near Zakuro glides over to you, glowing brighter and brighter!
The house spirit reaches out to lay a pair of immaterial fingers on your eyes, and a searing light gushes forth. When the flash is gone, so is the strange assailant. You feel haunted. <--- Attacked by my own BFF :(
You sense a tiny amount of mana slip away from you.

Nikpack
Re: Sanyu Lyba and Hydra Hex 11/30/2012 12:24 PM CST
I curse I believe is an aoe dispel attempt in HyH. So, you attacked him.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Sanyu Lyba and Hydra Hex 11/30/2012 02:36 PM CST
<<I curse I believe is an aoe dispel attempt in HyH. So, you attacked him.

I agree, I think that's what happened as well.

Should my second spell be attacking something that shows up as my own spell?

Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is lambent mana to the south, and lambent mana to the north.
You sense your Sanyu Lyba spell linking you to a pygmy house spirit, who should stay for seven minutes.
You sense your Osrel Meraud spell linking you to a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light, which should last until you release it.
You sense the Protection from Evil spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-seven roisaen.
You sense the Auspice spell bolstering your spirit, which should last for at least half an hour.
You sense the Hydra Hex spell upon you, which will last until you fail to provide 15 mana for it.
You sense the Divine Radiance spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-five roisaen.

Nikpack
Re: Sanyu Lyba and Hydra Hex 12/02/2012 11:31 PM CST
This should be fixed.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate